Aquascaping suggestions please
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 03-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
9am53
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Aquascaping suggestions please

I am going to be doing some work on my 29 gallon as it has gotten old and needs a face-lift. The log (circled in red) that I have covered in f. fontanus will be getting taken out as I want the moss for another tank, and I think the log is rotting. I think I need something there, just not sure what. If the DHG fills it in, I think it will be too much grass and too much stuff all on one side, so I need some sort of a centerpiece to replace the log. There is a sort of empty spot on the back right of the tank (pink) that used to have vals in it, but I was thinking some red foxtail, and in the orange section I wanted to clear out the straggler crypts and put some hornwort in. I thought these tender plants would soften out the strong anubias and crypts and balance that side of the tank.

Fluval PEEEEMP #9
Fluval 205
2xAC30 + AC MINI (it's Hagen; close enough!)
EHEIM 2215
CO2 stuff c/o REX

9am53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
Hilde
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Love the contrast of the plants. Add anymore plants? Hope you didn't get hornwort. I hate that plant, for it loses needles like pine trees. What ferts are dosing? Dosing Co2? Update pics?
Hilde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
TLE041
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)

You should consider a piece of branchy Manzanita driftwood with needle-leaf Java fern attached.

If you go for that, I'd leave the purple crypt but take out the anubias. I also wouldn't addd any hornwort either.

Tony

My Mini-M journal

TLE041 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.