Selling EVERYTHING inside 300 gal tank - Santa Monica
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > California

Old 02-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
WayneL333
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Selling EVERYTHING inside 300 gal tank - Santa Monica

Hello everyone,

Well after a short run in planted tanks, I've decided to go back to a saltwater system again. Actually, my planted tank has been running on cruise control for about a year, but since my 300 gallon tank was plumbed more for a saltwater system. I got tired of constantly going to get a CO2 tank filled because of CO2 loss as a result of water splashing in my sump that was way below my tank.

Anyway, I'm selling everything inside my tank. There's A LOT of ADA substrate - about 4 inches deep in a 300 gallon tank. I think I have 3 or 4 layers of different sized ADA Substrate. I don't remember which ones though. There are also a lot of Red Cherry Shrimp of different grades running around, some of which are pretty high. I would guess at least 50 - most probably more, I haven't taken the time to count them all. 2 large Manzaita branches with some smaller pieces. Some algae eating Nasarius(?) snails. About 6 siamese flying fox(?) fish. About 3-5 different types of plants of only one I think is called the green lotus tiger lily. The others are rare ones I think that were bought from the Nature's Aquarium in Santa Monica. And a few breeding cones and tunnels for pleco.

$100 takes it all. I'm not parting it out. I think this price is a steal and I'll leave it to someone else to part out. You must be able to take everything in at least 2 trips. You'll probably need at least 6-10 5 gallon buckets to take all the substrate. I wouldn't count on the substrate being separate in layers since it'll probably be mixed up when I take it out of the tank. My tank is currently running and I plan to take it down on this Saturday morning. So I would think everything would be ready for pick up late Saturday afternoon. You're more than welcome to come over Sat morning to help get the stuff out. Email me at wayne.lai@gmail.com if you're interested. 1st person to paypal me with $50 deposit gets it all, but it MUST be gone by this weekend. Thanks for looking.
WayneL333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
WayneL333
Algae Grower

I just want to be clear, that there aren't too many plants. I'll take and post a pic of my tank tonight when I get home from work.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
rickztahone
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)

Wow, I would so buy that substrate. When I set up my $55 I spent well over $100 on substrate. He's selling about 4 times more! Plus its probably not leaching any more. OP, you should post on SCAPE as well.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
WayneL333
Algae Grower

Thanks for looking everyone, but the stuff is sold.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.