Preuss Animal House: Haslett, Michigan
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 01-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #1
Jdinh04
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (85/100%)

Preuss Animal House: Haslett, Michigan

Okay, now many of you may know that this is my far best petstore that I mainly go to and always go to. It is now the time to tell you why.

Preuss Animal House is a great petstore to visit, it's located in Haslett, Michigan. At preuss, their are many different pets you can buy, from fish, small animals such as hamsters, birds, cats etc... and also you could buy turtles, snakes, etc...

The service is awesome, once you step to an area their will be always an employee asking, do you need help with anything? They are very informative to beginners and know what they are doing.

If you happen to come across near the center of michigan, be sure to stop by at preuss. I'm sure you'll love it, if you need directions you can always PM me and i'll lead you the way.

Enjoy!

Website link:
http://www.preusspets.com
Jdinh04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2005, 11:31 PM   #2
Cord
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Also, they require water tests for dead fish returns and several times I have seen them turn down a sale because the customer didn't have adequate space or had incompatible companions for the fish they wanted to buy.
They rule.

Cord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:43 PM   #3
figgy
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Default Gee...

Hmmmm,

I suddenly feel the need for a ROAD TRIP this weekend!!!

Figs [in Michigan]
figgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:04 PM   #4
jmelnek
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)

I live in Mount Pleasant and it is worth the hour drive to Preusses, they are the best...
jmelnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 04:22 PM   #5
Jdinh04
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (85/100%)

I just got back from preuss again, the 2nd time this week and picked up a new betta for my bedroom and some frozen blood worms. They are the best, thanks for the discount!
Jdinh04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:45 PM   #6
chadly
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to chadly

sup jdinh04, I live a five minutes from pruess. I try to get their once a week, although when I go, I just have to buy something!.
chadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 12:39 PM   #7
RobD
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

I'll chime in - they are worth making the road trip to shop!! I've made many a trips there from Mt. Pleasant, and it is worth the hour drive for me. I'll make the whole family browse the store for an hour (not easy for a 2, 6, and 10 year old who are nearing bedtime!) while I look for what I want. They double-bag the fish and pump it full of oxygen for me when I remind them I have an hour drive.

Their fish selection is great, and the quality of the stock is very good. They quarantine their fish for one or two weeks before they even put them on the selling block. The german rams they sell are not those color-washed-out crappy ones you find at other stores. They even offered to disect my dead fish bought from other places to discover the cause of death.

For fun, stop there on a Friday night around 7 or 8pm. I've done it a few times, and all I can say is that place is hopping at that time of night! You'd think it was the only 7-11 on a college campus.

Did I say I highly recommend them? Looking forward to my next trip down there, which is next week...
Member #147 of the Eheim Pimp Club, 4x2026s.
150 Gallon at home, Mostly South American community
55 Gallon at work, African Cichlids
RobD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:29 AM   #8
savemyfish
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)

I'll chime in that I love preuss pets too! I just graduated from MSU so for the past few years i have lived just 10 minutes away from preuss's, and it was hard not to go every weekend! they are for sure the cleanest, most responsible and knowledgeable fish/pet store i have ever been to, and have a great selection of fresh and saltwater fish and live plants and corals. also a nice section of birds (all captive raised) and a section of terrarium type animals and supplies. they are a little pricey but even as a student i keep going back because i know the fish and plants i get there will be healthy and besides i like supporting a good LFS when i find one. oh ya and like a previous poster mentioned they have a full laboratory and can do any water test, dissection or microscope work you need. they also drill glass tanks if you're into saltwater and want to add an overflow to your tank. preuss
savemyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:08 AM   #9
figgy
Planted Tank Obsessed

Talking

O YAY!

I bought a great-priced 35 gal on ebay and am going tomorrow to pick it up. And--o gee--my route goes right through Haslett...

Gonna throw my bulldog in the caddy, and cruise!

(Discount? Did someone say DISCOUNT? What discount? )

Figadie doo da Figeddy eh!

Silver Supporter of The Planted Tank Forum!
Old 08-13-2005, 10:38 AM   #10
figgy
Planted Tank Obsessed

Default What we Bought at Preuss...

Home from the roadtrip. They have some FAB planted tanks set up there!!!

We bought:

3 Amano Shrimp

3 LONG FINNED Mountain Cloud Minnows--I'd never seen these before and they're gorgeous

1 White Male Betta

HUGE buncha Java Moss

Lutea

Coupla crypts

The Betta and minnows went to restock the 5gal hex at work.

Had a great time--I was smart enough to go with my Bully puppy who NEVER complains about how much time I spend in fish stores!!!

Figs

Old 09-30-2005, 01:36 PM   #11
esarkipato
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (28/100%)
Send a message via MSN to esarkipato

Yup, pruess is worth the trip from GR for sure. Agreed on the pricey, but who isn't these days. What I love the most is the knowledge that the staff are willing to share, if you only ask.
esarkipato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:40 PM   #12
Bob Wesolowski

Default Visit

I was impressed by the selection at Preuss of fish and plants. The only negative was the massive mts infestation in the tanks. It made me leery of purchasing plants for my aquariums.
Bob Wesolowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 04:03 AM   #13
figgy
Planted Tank Obsessed

Um, what is "mts" ??

Fig

Old 11-19-2005, 03:04 PM   #14
RobD
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

MTS - Malaysian Trumpet Snails. The little buggers that are live-breaders and hide in the gravel during the day. When I bought plants from them, the MTS snails rinsed off easily enough. It's those dang ramshorn snails and their eggs that I have trouble with. Preuss's tanks have those too.

Also, they will be moving to a new location soon. Once the move is complete, somebody should tell the mods here the new address so that the vendor link can get updated...
Member #147 of the Eheim Pimp Club, 4x2026s.
150 Gallon at home, Mostly South American community
55 Gallon at work, African Cichlids
RobD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 04:46 PM   #15
terra-girl333

Talking

I(as a fellow michiganian) must say that pruess is an awesome place to purchase pets. I often go there just to ask quetions about animals that interest me, then later go try to convince my dad to buy me one! Two thumbs up to pruess!
terra-girl333 is offline   Reply With Quote