EI dosing lowing my PH?? Help..... - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fertilizers and Water Parameters

Old 02-22-2011, 04:17 PM   #16
Brian3
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

There not are fixed levels for nitrates and phosphates so the standar range is 10-20 ppm Nitrates and 0.5-2 ppm Phosphates. Dont worry rising NO3 to 10 or 20 ppm fast, Its not is toxic at that levels.

Shrimps in 55G is kind difficult, if you are talking about cherry shrimps or similar size you need a lot to see them. Still almost all fishes eats them so I dont know about your fish but I saw people with tetras and no problems and other people with tetras that eats shrimps fast, so I think it is more a behavior thing, than specie. I have guppies with shrimps they dont eats adults but I think that baby shrimps are easy food. The tanks with only shrimps have a lot more than tank with shrimps and guppies.
Brian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #17
Brian3
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Tom you have a thread or something where you post your tanks pictures? I only saw it in examples. BTW nice tanks.
Brian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #18
TankZen
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)

Following Toms advice to get more surface agitation and water movement... took off the lids from my tank and moved spray bar up to ripple water slightly so fish get more O2. They are looking happier already! Thanks for everyone's input and ideas!

TankZen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dry fertilizer, ei dosing, potassium phosphate