Fluval Chi LED light watts
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 02-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Chizpa305
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Fluval Chi LED light watts

Hello guys, I have a very small aquarium of only 5 gallons that I bought on petsmart a few months ago. (it is called Fluval Chi and you can google to see how it looks) Now I want to plant it with some live plants. The thing is I don't know how many watts per gallon I have. The tank comes with its own lightning which consists of 12 LED light bulbs. Does anyone knows how powerful this lights are. They don't look too strong in my opinion, and if they are enough to grow some dwarf four leaf clover? I have the ADA aqua soil substrate, some excel solution and some fertilizers, but I dunno if the lightning is enough.

Also, I have another question. What is the scientific name for the dwarf four leaf clover? is it Marsilea hirsuta or is it Marsilea crenata? I have been reading the descriptions on both and they appear to be very symilar, if not the same...

Thanks!!
Chizpa305 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
Hoppy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (74/100%)

Try Marsilea minuta. That is a low light plant, so you probably have enough light for it. I found with more than low light it tends to grow a good crop of BBA on the leaves.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:09 AM   #3
Chizpa305
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Well that plant is small, pretty, and easy to maintain which is exactly what I am looking for, but is there any significant difference between the minuta, hirsuta, crenata and all the others species? or they are about the same related to size and living conditions?

I tried the Hemianthus Calitrichoides, but it did not grow. It didn't die tough, just stayed there with a little of upward growth... now I changed it to another container to try some other small plant in the aquarium.
Chizpa305 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
dwarf four clover leaf, fluval chi, marsilea crenata, marsilea hirsuta, watts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.