Chad320s collection of plants (pics 12/15) - Page 88
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 10-29-2011, 04:01 AM   #1306
zachary908
Canon pimp #002

PTrader: (38/100%)

Awesome shots, Chad! I love the keei! I'm definitely putting that on my crypt want list! You have 6 of those buce??? I'm envious...

Canon Pimp Club #002
Honeycomb and friends club
zachary908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011, 04:02 AM   #1307
chad320
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (101/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Tetra View Post
Wow...I hardly ever hear of anything eating crypt leaves. Those must be some crazy snails. I unfortunately only have one visible juvenile atm. There might be more tiny ones hiding but I sent all of my larger ones to Sara so you can bug her once the berried females drop their babies. I could grow the juvie to a giant size soon enough and send him to you though. They're quite efficient and hungry.

Is that mini bolbitis still with you? I haven't seen it pop up anywhere this past year.
Dude, the mini bolbitis did great. It doulbed it size so I trimmed it and put 1/2 in my emergent setup where it did even better. Then I cooked it a few weeks ago by running my temp up to 95*. Now im back to square one with a few smalll pieces like you sent me about a year ago. Hopefully I can do better this year now that I have a better feel for what it likes
Old 10-29-2011, 04:05 AM   #1308
chad320
Planted Tank VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachary908 View Post
Awesome shots, Chad! I love the keei! I'm definitely putting that on my crypt want list! You have 6 of those buce??? I'm envious...
I am waiting for some AS to come in so I can set up a scape with all of the keei. It should be straight badassery if you asked me but im kindof a crypt dork As for the Buce, I have 6 available for trade and two mothers that I love and will keep forever If i can get any trades then I might setup a Buce scape this winter too.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:08 AM   #1309
zachary908
Canon pimp #002

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad320 View Post
I am waiting for some AS to come in so I can set up a scape with all of the keei. It should be straight badassery if you asked me but im kindof a crypt dork As for the Buce, I have 6 available for trade and two mothers that I love and will keep forever If i can get any trades then I might setup a Buce scape this winter too.
That's gonna be one sexy tank, be sure to post up pics when it is complete. When they start multiplying like crazy I'll have to buy one off you! Man... I wish I had something to trade. I'd love to get some buce, but the price kind of scares me.

Canon Pimp Club #002
Old 10-29-2011, 04:17 AM   #1310
chad320
Planted Tank VIP

Nah, I was only going to ask $40 for mine. I hope to sell them to buy more crypts or go completely the opposite direction and set up a scape with them. They are just sitting for now until someone shows some interest. I am really into the crypts tho and would love to trade or sell to buy more crypts before it gets cold here (which is shortly). I am collecting striolata, cordata 'rosenervig', keei, and hudoroi if you see anyone around with some extras. You could add a few other SUPER rare ones to that list that ive NEVER seen for sale.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:33 AM   #1311
Cardinal Tetra
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (110/99%)

That's a shame about the mini bolbitis. Hopefully you can get it to grow well again. It's honestly a neat little plant. I might have to bug you for some in the future

Of course you would be collecting those crypts. They're great stuff! I'm really loving the cordata KR01. I'd get more except all the $ has been spent on new fish hehe.

Unemployed, poor, and still living off the parents.
Cardinal Tetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:46 AM   #1312
zachary908
Canon pimp #002

Quote:
Nah, I was only going to ask $40 for mine.

I'm collecting striolata, cordata 'rosenervig', keei, and hudoroi if you see anyone around with some extras. You could add a few other SUPER rare ones to that list that ive NEVER seen for sale.
If your only asking $40 I may see if you still have one my next paycheck!

You might ask Nick if he has a hudoroi to spare.

Canon Pimp Club #002
Old 10-29-2011, 05:09 AM   #1313
chad320
Planted Tank VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Tetra View Post
That's a shame about the mini bolbitis. Hopefully you can get it to grow well again. It's honestly a neat little plant. I might have to bug you for some in the future

Of course you would be collecting those crypts. They're great stuff! I'm really loving the cordata KR01. I'd get more except all the $ has been spent on new fish hehe.
Yeah, I does amazing out of the water but ive got some pieces still kickin it good after a year submerged. Hopefully this guy VVV buys a buce so I can get another KR01

Quote:
If your only asking $40 I may see if you still have one my next paycheck!

You might ask Nick if he has a hudoroi to spare.
I got Nicks spare. Twice. I murdered the first one. Kinda. I never got it to take off. It melted within days. I was so disturbed at ruining a rare crypt that I didnt try for another year, this one is going strong but as with any addiction, one is never enough Ill hold a buce for you man, no worries
Old 10-29-2011, 06:24 AM   #1314
Bahugo
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (25/100%)

What are TFR shrimp? True fire reds?
Fraternity of dirt #8
Bahugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #1315
chad320
Planted Tank VIP

Taiwan Fire Reds. There is one that snuck into the downoi pic that I just posted and a few other randoms in the background of some of the pics.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #1316
zachary908
Canon pimp #002

Quote:
Ill hold a buce for you man, no worries
Well, if you are going to hold one I HAVE to buy it! I'll hit you up next week, Chad! So, are these currently growing emersed or submersed? Rather not try to convert such a rare plant. Shoot me a PM with anything else you might have for sale. I've got collectoritis of all kinds, so there is a good chance you will have something I want!

Canon Pimp Club #002
Old 10-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #1317
Bahugo
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (25/100%)

Do you think you will have any TFR's for sale anytime soon if I wanted to purchase some from you chad?
Fraternity of dirt #8
Bahugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #1318
chad320
Planted Tank VIP

Quote:
Well, if you are going to hold one I HAVE to buy it! I'll hit you up next week, Chad! So, are these currently growing emersed or submersed? Rather not try to convert such a rare plant. Shoot me a PM with anything else you might have for sale. I've got collectoritis of all kinds, so there is a good chance you will have something I want!
I dont have any crypts left that id come off of as im getting ready to move stuff around. Ill let you know when I do and there might be some. As for the Buce, they are submergents. They have been in my tank for almost a year now. I havent grown any Buce emergent yet. Im scared, especially now that I cooked alot of my emergent setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahugo View Post
Do you think you will have any TFR's for sale anytime soon if I wanted to purchase some from you chad?
I have to hold for now. I will sort and cull again in about a month so ill let you know then.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #1319
zachary908
Canon pimp #002

Quote:
I dont have any crypts left that id come off of as im getting ready to move stuff around. Ill let you know when I do and there might be some. As for the Buce, they are submergents. They have been in my tank for almost a year now.
Sounds good, man. I'll throw it in my 75 then! Should I put it in a fairly shaded spot when I get it, or will it do okay in higher light?

Canon Pimp Club #002
Old 10-29-2011, 06:57 PM   #1320
chad320
Planted Tank VIP

I wouldnt shade it. Mine are grown in meduim light with lots of Co2 and minimal ferts.