DK's m..a..d.. d..o..-i..n..g..s........ - Page 100
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 03-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #1486
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

PTrader: (197/100%)

DK din't get down on the floor, she just put the camera there. Besides, DK has this theory - yer immune system either works, or it doesn't. Those of y'all that read scientific stuff know that the too-clean modern domicile is being credited with the explosion of allergies and asthma, because developing immune systems aren't properly challenged in modern domiciles and become hyper responsive to less important challenge molecules. Turns out, dirty is good, to a point. Yeah, that's it.

So, DK's not really a germ freak (ha ha ha, all the Shrimpterns know this...), but she's tired of ugly. That mulm-y floor is ugly. It's mostly this color due to the Aquavac trials she and Shrimptern 1.0 did that week, and re-setting a buncha tanks with lots of drippy mess.

And P, I'm all ears for any help getting my floor back to sky blue. Although the money is already spent on the Oreck brush...

One consideration I have in that room is aerosols. I do not want to have any untoward effects of cleaning my floor in my tanks, due to toxic aerosols generated during the cleaning process.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #1487
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to wicca27

if it was me i would rent a floor refinisher and sand that puppy down and reseal it. or use a big floor scraper the kind with long handle and work at it over long time to get all the texture gone. air pumps can be turned of and tanks covered with a damp sheet to keep any dust from sanding out of them. oh how i wish i could be a shrimpturn! but alas im gettin ready for ankle surgery in a month and have to be totally off my foot for 2 months so going to bite since it will be summer by the time i can start putting weight on my foot again. but any who. hope the scrubber works for you dk
wicca27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #1488
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicca27 View Post
...but alas im gettin ready for ankle surgery in a month and have to be totally off my foot for 2 months so going to bite since it will be summer by the time i can start putting weight on my foot again. but any who. hope the scrubber works for you dk
Been there, done that. Times three.

Last edited by DKShrimporium; 02-12-2014 at 01:54 AM..
DKShrimporium is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #1489
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

yeah i have all kinds of braces and used to have a boot and even 3 sets of cruches lol. the bad part about this is i wont be able to have any weight on my foot for 2 months the dr said. but that is ok ill make it since i got my new mini laptop lol. i just might go reread this whole thread lol. and i got a moose for company lol hook a harness to him and sit in the computer chair with wheels so go for walks out side lol
Old 03-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #1490
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Today, a few supplies are tracking to arrive.

Yesterday, DK gotter on the horn and contacted some World Experts with some questions. She had to leave a long voicemail, because, of course, World Experts don't actually answer their own phone, they are too bizzy behind the scenes Doing Things with their Expertise. Then, she followed up with email to them using her famous scribbly pictures using zany colors of notations. She hopes that will getter a response from the World Experts. She's secretly hoping they will get interested in what she wrote, and offer her some... goods. To prove that their Expertise is valid, y'know. The thing is, these here Experts happen to have access to things that are exceedingly hard to source, and DK wants to see if she can break the barrier there, if there are some goods that fit the bill for her criteria.

This is just the sort of approach she used last year, hunting for suitable large chunks of petrified wood, so look how that turned out..., although those were more local experts.

And so... more waiting. And observing the beta testing...
Old 03-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #1491
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

oooo cant wait to see what you get. some times all you have to do is ask hehe.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #1492
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

A PARENTHETICAL PROJECT:

DK has the: "OK, that's it, I'm fixing this problem!!!" moment, today.

So, the anticipated goods came in. DK spent some time dismantling some of them into pieces, for the overalls project. The other, she used, and it resulted in AGAIN this problem that has been like drip torture.

So, today, she decided on a little side project, to solve the drip torture.

Driptorture 01

She dug through her bins & barrels of parts & pieces, and started with this, as a foundation piece. Lexan.

What IZ she a'gonna do wittit? Hmmmmmmmm.

IN OTHER NEWS:

Oh-la-la. She almost forgot to tell ya. One of the polygamous tanks she set up... well, as of today, one of the wives finally consumated! DK has been waiting and waiting on this tank, and now... finally... progress. She'd move that handy-dandy Adjustable Solar Axis and take a nice picture of her and her monga load... except in that particular tank there is a SIDE project hanging off that tank, preventing her from moving that light forward. Oh the complications, here in the Shrimporium. It is good news, though.

Will, iffen yer readin' this - it was the potassium spike that diddit.

------

And now, she goes back to pondering: how to use blue-green, to get rid of red. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:44 AM   #1493
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

i so miss my red tigers....... one of these days i will have some more. cant wait to see how it works. i would get lots of berries but not many babies. and when i finaly got babies after moving them to higher ph they got bacterial infection due to temps to high. i wish you luck dk she looks nice cant wait to see little ones
Old 03-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #1494
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicca27 View Post
i so miss my red tigers....... one of these days i will have some more. cant wait to see how it works. i would get lots of berries but not many babies. and when i finaly got babies after moving them to higher ph they got bacterial infection due to temps to high. i wish you luck dk she looks nice cant wait to see little ones
DK can't wait to see the babies, either!

Because...

Mama is a Capulet, and Daddy a Montague.

IN OTHER NEWS:

Driptorture project 02

DK stares at the strip of Lexan. Squirrely brain starts a-whirring. What other parts? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

First, she's a-thinkin' wood. She goes to her stash of wood trim scraps, which is also the stash real estate for other strip-like pieces.

Therein, she finds something else, useful (stay tuned). This reminds her to think of her first love: PVC.

She brushes the idea aside, quickly. But it comes back, like gum stuck to the bottom of her Louboutins. (Yeah, REALLY. Like DK is a gonna wear Louboutins. What folly.)

And she realizes that her subconscious brain is smarter than her conscious brain. She heads to the PVC stash, which is in a different area of the house (like a squirrel, she has stashes all over).

She stares at the PVC stash, zoning out, allowing the alphas to approach while she apprises the inventory for suitable parts.

Ah, there. She grabs some parts, and heads toward the chop saw...

Old 03-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #1495
sayurasem
SCAPEr

DK I love your posts it's so cool!
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #1496
Bananariot
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)

I remember winning an AQbid for your red tigers......I got 3 babies out of them and they kicked the can from disease over 6 months........my water wasn't good
Bananariot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #1497
oblongshrimp
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (120/100%)

Very cool!! What was the father of that pair?
oblongshrimp is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #1498
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

bananariot i dont thing it was a prob with your water as i had the same prob but my red tigers came from speedie (sorry dk for another seller in your post lol). i think they are just verry touchy. i hope dk has a break though with them cause i have seen pics how they are housed and i think it will be of great help.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #1499
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Driptorture project 03

What it was that DK found in her pile o' strip-type-scraps, that made her think: PVC

IN OTHER NEWS:

No word, YET, from the World Experts. DK has not given up hope, however. She can be persistent, at times. Tenacious.

OK, OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE! ARE YOU HAPPY??!!

Attached Images

Old 03-09-2013, 12:59 AM   #1500
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

lol not every one dk but you yes i bet you have wonderful bits,parts, and pieces laying around to use for evething under the sun.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.