Free Plants North Metro (Erie)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 01-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
GeekBoi

PTrader: (0/0%)

Free Plants North Metro (Erie)

I just replanted my 29 after 10 years of mostly the same layout. I now have a good hand full of extra plants (I can't even put a fish tank back together with all the parts). I have several lotus lillys bulbs and plants with good healthy roots, a few large amazon swords (too big for the little 29 but in ten years I've never been able to bring myself from getting rid of one of my first plants. A smaller sword and a couple of crypts.

Sorry for the lack of specifics on the plants but after tens years I really do not remember what they are. One of these days I'm going to learn to ID my plants better.

Free to good tank in the Denver/Boulder/Wrongmont area.

Charlie
GeekBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Eden Marel
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)

WRONGMONT?! What the...? Something wrong with Longmont? I know it's really boring place, but o__O
Old 01-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

lol Eden.

Do you know what species of lilly? I have been all over looking in town for Red Tiger Lotus WITH the bulb lol, the lfs's only seem to sell them bulbless.
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
GeekBoi

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Lilies

I do not think they are red tiger lotus lilies. Here is an image of two of the larger leaves that have grown to the surface. They are both from the same plant. I originally purchase three plants with bulbs about 8 or 9 years ago from aqua imports. I gave away one small bulb and plant a couple of weeks ago and just found I have a lot more bulbs than I thought when I pulled everything out to replenish the substrate and replant everything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lilies.jpg (75.0 KB, 2 views)
GeekBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
carlstreeter
Algae Farmer

PTrader: (38/98%)

GeekBoi,

If you're looking for cuttings, I tend to have extra fairly often. I would rather give them away locally than get a couple bucks to ship them somewhere.

The offer is not limited to Geekboi, either. It's a standing offer to anyone who will pick up locally (Erie). Either watch for my swap+shop threads, or PM me if there's something I've sold there in the past that you're interested in. I still have most species I've had.

--Carl
Old 01-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

HOLY! those are some large pads lol. I have been after the elusive red tiger lotus bulb for the past year. I know a few places I could order them from online, but it is a toss up between the red tiger and the more copper looking one. (I have WAY to many copper ones lol)

Thanks for the offer carlstreeter, I will keep it in mind when I get the urge to rescape again lol.
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #7
carlstreeter
Algae Farmer

PTrader: (38/98%)

FYI, I may need some notice. For example, I fot back from travelling, and there's now BBA everywhere.

Tags
crypt, free, lilly, plants, sword