10G Low-tech Tank: Protrusion - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 01:01 AM   #16
chad320
Planted Tank VIP
 
chad320's Avatar
 
PTrader: (101/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Spring Valley, IL
Posts: 7,646
Default

Wow! This turned out nice. I bet you spend hours in front of it!!!
__________________
chad320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-20-2011, 01:32 AM   #17
dj2005
Wannabe Guru
 
dj2005's Avatar
 
PTrader: (56/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad320 View Post
Wow! This turned out nice. I bet you spend hours in front of it!!!
Thanks. Due to a lack of free time, I haven't been able enjoy it or any of my other tanks, which is also why I stopped doing WC.
dj2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:32 AM   #18
ddtran46
Wannabe Guru
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Elk Grove, Ca
Posts: 1,611
Default

Beautiful tank
__________________
ddtran46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #19
dj2005
Wannabe Guru
 
dj2005's Avatar
 
PTrader: (56/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtran46 View Post
Beautiful tank
Thanks. I'm very pleased with the mini micro sword. The E. belem hasn't spread/grown much but the sword, as can be seen, has become a full carpet. I'm not sure why there isn't a high demand for it.

Did you give your Mini S to your GF or did you end up selling it? Your Mini M looks great. Have fun with the UG. :p
dj2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #20
sewingalot
I ♥ BBA!
 
sewingalot's Avatar
 
PTrader: (112/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 12,768
Default

I actually like it as is. I wouldn't add a thing to the tank. The mini micro sword is great. I am with you, I don't know why more people don't use it.
__________________
Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.
sewingalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #21
lnstevens
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (6/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Star, ID
Posts: 497
Default

I agree with sewingalot as I wouldn't change anything either. It is definitely inspirational. I have a 10 gallon I am getting ready to rescape.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
lnstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #22
Chaos_Being
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Chaos_Being's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Eldersburg, MD
Posts: 436
Default

Beautiful...and yes that mini micro sword looks great. Where did you get it?
Chaos_Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #23
dj2005
Wannabe Guru
 
dj2005's Avatar
 
PTrader: (56/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingalot View Post
I actually like it as is. I wouldn't add a thing to the tank. The mini micro sword is great. I am with you, I don't know why more people don't use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnstevens View Post
I agree with sewingalot as I wouldn't change anything either. It is definitely inspirational. I have a 10 gallon I am getting ready to rescape.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_Being View Post
Beautiful...and yes that mini micro sword looks great. Where did you get it?
Thanks everyone. I got the mini micro sword from Minsc (fellow TPT member).
dj2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #24
ddtran46
Wannabe Guru
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Elk Grove, Ca
Posts: 1,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2005 View Post
Thanks. I'm very pleased with the mini micro sword. The E. belem hasn't spread/grown much but the sword, as can be seen, has become a full carpet. I'm not sure why there isn't a high demand for it.

Did you give your Mini S to your GF or did you end up selling it? Your Mini M looks great. Have fun with the UG. :p
I gave the Mini S to my bro. The Ug is growing really slow in the Mini M. If you need any UG in a month or so, let me know. I have some growing in a spare 2.5 gallon tank. Free, of course.
__________________
ddtran46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #25
dj2005
Wannabe Guru
 
dj2005's Avatar
 
PTrader: (56/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtran46 View Post
I gave the Mini S to my bro. The Ug is growing really slow in the Mini M. If you need any UG in a month or so, let me know. I have some growing in a spare 2.5 gallon tank. Free, of course.
I'd likely end up accidentally killing the UG. That's probably why I stick to easy-to-keep plants.

3-26-11:
New pictures, complete with random floating Blyxa japonica bushes.





dj2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:35 PM   #26
boltp777
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
boltp777's Avatar
 
PTrader: (21/96%)
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glenolden Pa
Posts: 384
Send a message via AIM to boltp777
Default

Mmmm shrimp....
__________________
42 gallon hex journal coming soon
boltp777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #27
dj2005
Wannabe Guru
 
dj2005's Avatar
 
PTrader: (56/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltp777 View Post
Mmmm shrimp....
No eating the shrimp!

4-4-11:
I should probably do a WC soon. Been about two months now.

The water is still quite clear. It is actually better than what is shown in the pictures.



dj2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #28
sewingalot
I ♥ BBA!
 
sewingalot's Avatar
 
PTrader: (112/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 12,768
Default

That tank is so nice! I can't believe you haven't done a water change in two months and it looks that fantastic. Looks like you spent hours getting it ready for the pictures.
__________________
Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.
sewingalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:33 AM   #29
dj2005
Wannabe Guru
 
dj2005's Avatar
 
PTrader: (56/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingalot View Post
That tank is so nice! I can't believe you haven't done a water change in two months and it looks that fantastic. Looks like you spent hours getting it ready for the pictures.
I like my tanks to be maintenance free. I don't think I've even touched this tank since the last WC except to add/remove the floating Blyxa plants I was giving away.
dj2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:51 AM   #30
nonconductive
Planted Tank Guru
 
nonconductive's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Deep Space
Posts: 2,942
Default

awesome tank!
__________________
125g Mud tank.
(A)narchy Love
The Fraternity of Dirt #2
nonconductive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shrimp, snails, ten

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012