Ohio!!! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Ohio

Old 12-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #16
Burks
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin182 View Post
The Ohio section ain't dead after all... I guess quite a few folks here are interested in keeping shrimps. That's great!!

I'm in Cleveland right now, and for various reasons, I quite often drive to Toledo and Cincinnati a few times a year. So, whoever located along the I-71 and I-75 wants to do a swap or whatever, just let me know.

I have RCS now, and I am getting some Fire Red flown in soon as well. I'm definitely down for some sulawesi shrimps, dirty (well, your name sounds dirty...) They are kept in temperature in the 80s, so, I think it's just safer to wait til Spring (heat pack is needed even in spring)... Did you get your cardinals yet? How well did they handle the shipping in the Cleveland winter?
Gotta ask, where did you get the Fire Reds?
Filstar Pimp #84
Burks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #17
dewalltheway
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (134/99%)

Hey local Ohio-ians! Located in central Ohio, in the small town of Fredericktown. I have a small 5 gal tank where I work that has cherry shrimp in it. Just wanted to give a shout out. To bad everyone is spread out all over the state. Burks is the closest to me. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #18
justin182
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (56/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burks View Post
Gotta ask, where did you get the Fire Reds?

Nicole, who else will I get my shrimps from! I believe Dirty is getting his Cardinals from her as well. I'm actually getting THE painted fire red, but since they haven't arrived and they aren't adults, I don't wanna crown them as the PAINTED fire red yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewalltheway View Post
Hey local Ohio-ians! Located in central Ohio, in the small town of Fredericktown. I have a small 5 gal tank where I work that has cherry shrimp in it. Just wanted to give a shout out. To bad everyone is spread out all over the state. Burks is the closest to me. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Burks actually just told me about the Aquarium Adventure in Columbus. How you like it? I will probably drive down there in the weekend so I will pay a visit!

ps: do they have any manzanita branches? lol... probably not, just wanna ask anyway!
justin182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #19
j-gens
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (12/100%)

Toledo/maumee
Old 12-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #20
justin182
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-gens View Post
Toledo/maumee

Anything cool in Trilby? I will be there this weekend too... again, do they have any manzanita branches?
Old 12-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #21
AoxomoxoA
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (17/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin182 View Post
Nicole, who else will I get my shrimps from! I believe Dirty is getting his Cardinals from her as well. I'm actually getting THE painted fire red, but since they haven't arrived and they aren't adults, I don't wanna crown them as the PAINTED fire red yet.
Nope. Bought through a SnS sale. But I will be getting some shrimp from her in the future. SSS+ & possibly Painted Fire too. (I'm getting some from somewhere i know that)
AoxomoxoA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #22
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)

I've been to toledo! I went fencing with my cousin there...

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Da Plant Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 12:23 AM   #23
j-gens
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (12/100%)

no they do not have manzanita... really they dont have anything that appeals to me that i cant get my hands on cheaper... they have a large selection of freshwater fish, ok/small selection of plants...
hardscape is hit or miss, and products are mainly sera, eheim, hagen...

where do they have fencing in toledo?? university?
Old 12-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #24
dewalltheway
Wannabe Guru

justin....Aquarium Adventure is a really neat place to visit with lots of display tanks and a large selection of freshwater and salt water fish with a small varity of plants and corals. Prices are very much inflated and are resonable when they are having their 50% off sales. They do have some wood and rocks but no manz. branches.

I will stop by if I am in the area but don't go there to buy anything unless they are having a great deal. I buy all my stuff off SnS or from Foster's & Smith. No stores geared toward the planted tank enthusist but there is not enough demand for one in Ohio.

If you are going to be in the area, send me a pm and maybe we could meet up somewhere.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #25
justin182
Planted Tank Enthusiast

How about some steel mesh for moss? Does anyone have some or know where and how to get some together for cheap?
Old 12-21-2010, 03:28 PM   #26
dewalltheway
Wannabe Guru

Just use a hair net. Much cheaper and works.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:10 PM   #27
AoxomoxoA
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (17/100%)

Sunday I went to where RMS Aquatics (Willoughby/Mentor area) used to be & found an empty store.
Also tried Something Fishy but found they're closed on Sunday & only open till 5 on Saturday.
AoxomoxoA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 11:52 PM   #28
justin182
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewalltheway View Post
Just use a hair net. Much cheaper and works.
Well, I just like how it looks and sinks to the bottom. A hair net works but it's just simpler with a steel mesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyhermit View Post
Sunday I went to where RMS Aquatics (Willoughby/Mentor area) used to be & found an empty store.
Also tried Something Fishy but found they're closed on Sunday & only open till 5 on Saturday.
That place later became John's Aquarium. But it has also closed down recently... RMS only has one location in Middleburg's Heights right now.

Something Fishy is specialized in cichlids if you are interested in them.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:14 AM   #29
Burks
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

So few places in Ohio that are any good.

I know the two stores within 15 miles of me that aren't chain stores absolutely suck. Horrible customer service, filthy tanks, and outrageous prices.

I asked one store owner if he could order me some fish (I know he orders from the wholesaler in Cleveland). He said, and I quote, "I hand pick all my fish and don't do stupid special orders. Buy what I have or don't buy anything."

Needless to say, I've never been back to that place. Smelled like body odor anyways...
Filstar Pimp #84
Burks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #30
justin182
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Anyone wants some stainless steel mesh? There are a bunch in the SnS but I just want a few... If anyone, preferably in the Cleveland area, is interested to get them together, let me know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.