ua hua's 90 gal. High Tech NEW SCAPE started8-31-13(new pics) - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 10-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #31
andrewss
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

looking good, love the hardscape layout
andrewss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #32
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (47/100%)

Well I have came to the conclusion that I can't grow rotala macrandra. I have added it twice and both times it just starts to melt away. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if it just doesn't like my water. All the other plants are doing great and growing like the weeds they are. I ordered 50 rummynose from my LFS and they came in today and by the time I got there to pick them up 20 were dead. Against my better judgement I took home the 30 that were left and during the 2 hours I was drip acclimating them another 14 died and here we are 4 hours after adding them to the tank and 2 are all thats still alive. This must have been a bad batch and will be going back tomorrow to get my money back or have him order me some more. Hopefully the next batch comes in looking better. I have been checking some other sources and may end up ordering some online. Still trying to decide what plant to put in place of the rotala macrandra. Really wanting a redish colored plant and I'm debating between Ludwigia sp. Patanal, Pogostemon stellatus, or Ludwigia sp. red.
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experimenting itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ua hua's 90 gal. high tech
ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden
ua hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:12 AM   #33
thefisherman
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

pantanal :O

- thefisherman

The Fisherman's Workbench
thefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:27 AM   #34
tex627
Sponsor

PTrader: (21/92%)

wow, sweet tank!

^^ Click above to visit Aqua Design Innovations, Follow our Twitter, and Like our FB Page ^^

tex627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #35
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefisherman View Post
pantanal :O

- thefisherman
That is what I'm leaning towards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex627 View Post
wow, sweet tank!
Thanks.
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experimenting itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
Old 11-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #36
scotty82
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/92%)

The tank is looking great! I hope to have something half that nice here soon when I set up my 75. Question on your hardscape. Those bigger rocks you have in there, are those just big lava rock?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #37
Cashmere
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

The tank looks awesome. I love the look of the blue bulbs, and the large school of roselines and rummy nose. Something to aspire to, it makes me reconsider not using co2.
Cashmere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #38
Chrisinator
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)

The depth of this tank is phenomenal
Chrisinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #39
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty82 View Post
The tank is looking great! I hope to have something half that nice here soon when I set up my 75. Question on your hardscape. Those bigger rocks you have in there, are those just big lava rock?
Yes that is lava rock. I have 4 huge boulders that were in my back yard that were about 150lbs. each and after a hammer and chisel that is what I came up with. It was interesting to find pieces of metal and nails that were picked up by the flowing lava at one point that were inside these huge boulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmere View Post
The tank looks awesome. I love the look of the blue bulbs, and the large school of roselines and rummy nose. Something to aspire to, it makes me reconsider not using co2.

Thank you. I have always used blue bulbs in combination with other bulbs in my tanks as it makes the colors of the fish really come out. I'm hoping to get my rummy school back up to where it used to be at about 50-60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisinator View Post
The depth of this tank is phenomenal
Thank you. That is what I was going for this time. I have never really tried to scape a tank before. I'm very happy with the hardscape, now just need to see how the planting will turn out. Trying my hardest to not let the collectoritis set back in and only stick with a few species of plants which is hard when you only have one tank but after years of trying almost every plant out there I gained experience in what I like and what plants like me.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #40
thefisherman
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ua hua View Post
Trying my hardest to not let the collectoritis set back in and only stick with a few species of plants which is hard when you only have one tank but after years of trying almost every plant out there I gained experience in what I like and what plants like me.
amen my brotha... i had it (collectoritis) bad and only recovering now, i guess everyone goes through it. can't wait to see how your plants setup in your tank. i love the dimensions of your 90, now i'm inspired to start a new planted tank... if my wife doesn't kill me lol :O

- thefisherman

The Fisherman's Workbench
thefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #41
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

My winter project and a few more amateur pictures:

Old 12-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #42
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

This is one of my favorite tank & stands on the site. I'm looking forward to seeing it grow in.

It's a curious thing that with bouts of collectoritis we don't see many Dutch aquascapes.

Personnaly, I I had a single sp. strain of the virus. Which lead to 4 tanks of potted crypts at the peak of the affliction.
DogFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #43
BruceF
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)

It is a great stand. Every time I see it I think about copying it. Hardscape is great just needs the plants to finish filling in. Great design.
BruceF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #44
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
This is one of my favorite tank & stands on the site. I'm looking forward to seeing it grow in.

It's a curious thing that with bouts of collectoritis we don't see many Dutch aquascapes.

Personnaly, I I had a single sp. strain of the virus. Which lead to 4 tanks of potted crypts at the peak of the affliction.
Thank you for the kind words. And yes this collectoritis is a hard disease to rid ones self of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceF View Post
It is a great stand. Every time I see it I think about copying it. Hardscape is great just needs the plants to finish filling in. Great design.
Thanks. I just added some Ludwigia sp. cuba, Rotala sp. nanjenshan, Rotala mexicana Araguaia, Pogostemon stellatus, Myriopyllum mattogrossense, and Hydrocotyle sp. Japan. Hopefully I can get the right side to fill in more to what I have in mind.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #45
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz

Nice work, Ua Hua! It will look fantastic once it's filled in, without a doubt!

Sorry....where did you get the new regulator from, out of curiosity? GLA?

+1 to Frank.....the stand and the "enclosure" are truly a highlight of the tank. It really adds to the set up and it looks terrific!