My water parameters, please advise - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fertilizers and Water Parameters

Old 04-04-2003, 04:19 PM   #16
Rickster
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Grigg
I second the mono potassium phosphate idea. It's what I use. You also might want to get some potassium sulfate. It doesn't appear that you are dosing potassium.
Since I'm already dosing potassium would mono potassium phosphate also add more potassium? If so would I be better off using the triple phosphate?
Eheimpimp#137
90 gallon tank with water and some fish. Plants died and tank overrun with algae. Lights nearly burst into flames last weekend. Needs lots of help
Rickster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2003, 04:37 PM   #17
SNPiccolo5
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I'm not sure what happens to the K in KH2PO4, but either way, potassium is always something you can have extra of, levels above 20-30 ppm don't affect fish until you get way too much, so I wouldn't worry about it....

-Tim
SNPiccolo5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2003, 01:25 AM   #18
Rex Grigg
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to Rex Grigg Send a message via AIM to Rex Grigg

You add so little of the mono potassium phosphate that the potassium part of it doesn't even enter into the picture. This is one chemical you WILL NOT be dosing dry. Not unless you have a tank in the 200 gallon range. You will need to make a solution to use it and not cause yourself problems. Your tank would require at most a 1/16 of a teaspoon.
Rex Grigg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2003, 05:18 AM   #19
STAT 007
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to STAT 007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNPiccolo5
You could order Mono Potassium Phosphate from litemanu and use the dosing calculator (if you don't know it, it is http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_p...osage_calc.htm) to dose phosphate, that is probably what I am going to do, since I know how much I'm dosing....

-Tim

Yeah, or you could just drain your tank, call it quits, and sell all the used equipment. Rather unorthodox I realize, but you'd be surprised how many people go this route. :lol:

37 gallon AGA Black Seal, Emperor 400, Ebo Jager 200 W, 100% Flourite Substrate, 2x55 Watt AH Supply PC Lighting (5300K & 6400K) @ ~3.4 WPG, High-Pressure CO2.
STAT 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.