Menagerie Pet Shop
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Canada

Old 10-21-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
D.gilly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Menagerie Pet Shop

I just wanted to recomend this store it was great i just went there this morning, and im very pleased! Its a bit small but tfor its space its got everything you could want! It had A great selection of rarer plants including many carpet plants, ricca, java moss,pellia, hemthiaus ( sp ) species i suspect HC its growing like baby tears but has a HC leaf and stem. They has anibus nana petite! They had a great selection of fish just freshwater but they have saltwater displays and equipment. They had tons of cichlids, Dwarf Cichlids as well as many tetras and puffers. They had a smalll brackish water section. They also had the following Shrimp bee ( bumble bee ) im not reallly sure its hard to tell there stilll quite young. Cherries, amanos, ghost, blue shrimp, and longnose. I have also talked to them when they had Crs. They had a good selection of lights food and other aquarium equipment including some great knock off ada glass coil ones. The staff where friendly and had all the time in the world to discuss and talk to me unlike being rushed at most lfs's. He even spent like 5 minutes checking a tank that a few fish had ick in a while agao before he sold me a plant from it! Things where cheap and good. They also had a lot of more pets, dogs, cats, reptiles, amphibians, ect. I would rate it 9-10 Because of the lack of space. Just wanted to put in my thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2006, 02:51 AM   #2
distrbd
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

I have heard so much about this place ,all good .I will go tomorrow to check it out for myself.
distrbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:15 PM   #3
D.gilly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Thats great im glad someone has taken my advice i whish it was more local and in a less dangerous area of toronto. Get there while you can they seem to have a rare variety of plants, fish and shrimp!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:42 PM   #4
Kaylee Skylyn
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

I agree the menagerie is a great little shop.

They have a great selection of shrimp and plants (thats what I go there for) and they are always healthy and good quality. Staff are always helpfull and friendly.

Its a bit of a drive for me but more than worth it. Top of my list of recomended stores.
Kaylee Skylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:05 PM   #5
KnaveTO
Algae Grower

Menagerie first off is not in a dangerous part of Toronto at all. Parliament is a little seedy but not dangerous. I live a 10 minute walk to the store and Harold's (the Fish Manager) is one of the most knowledgable individuals I have met in the Retail end of the trade. If you are in Toronto and in the market drop by there.
KnaveTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #6
bigtanklvr
Algae Grower

Default Menagerie pet store

I have been going to menagerie pet store since it opened around 25 years ago it's why i love fish and animals so much today. I haven't been there in 3 years since i moved out of the area. And yes the st. Jamestown and regent park area's which are called cabbage town is not the greatest it's not dangerous, i lived there for over 25 years. The staff over the years have always been very smart,nice,and very cool people, I don't know if Garin is still the owner but he is one of the nicest coolest human beings you will ever meet. Signed Michael R.
bigtanklvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
bester

Thumbs up Menagerie Fan

Great little store and I only live a 15 minute walk away. The neighbourhood is a little seedy a couple of blocks south of the store but, it is far from being dangerous.
Their plant selection is second to none and is very good quality as well (much better than Big Al's in Thornhill. Harold and his staff know their stuff and are always approachable.
I'm happy to have such a good LFS.
bester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
djdestructo
Algae Grower

The best LFS in the GTA by far! What it lacks in size it more then makes up for in quality of product and staff. I have been to many LFS that will try to sell you everything under the moon with out a care in the world for the well being of the fish.

At Menagerie the staff are very friendly, they never rush you into leaving or to buy anything, and if ya need help they are more then happy to help out.
djdestructo is offline   Reply With Quote