Colorado Local Fish Stores - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 10-05-2010, 05:29 AM   #31
Eden Marel
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)

I can't seem to get mine to get very big, and I've had them for months. Not that I need them to get that big, but still xD

Old 10-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #32
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden Marel View Post
I can't seem to get mine to get very big, and I've had them for months. Not that I need them to get that big, but still xD
With many different types of fish, I tend to overfeed just a tad lol, I wonder if they are the ones that are completely cleaning my substrate after lights out. (along with the cherry's)
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #33
WillyJ
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
But I think I still have some dead spots, cuz one time I was vacuuming really deep in an area without plants, something happened and the water started to smell like rotten eggs!!! YUCK!!
That would be an anoxic zone, hydrogen sulfide (H2S) is what you are smelling. Nasty stuff, it partitions oxygen out of the blood stream.
WillyJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #34
WillyJ
Algae Grower

Went by Aqua Imports yesterday. Not a whole lot new, although they did have an Ornate Bichir I hadn't noticed before. No new shrimp or manzanita though. If nothing else it's worth it to go by and check out the "sabre tooth piranha". I ended up buying an "Angel-Blue Ram". The owner told me it was a cross between an Angel Fish and German Blue Ram. The little guy is very cool looking!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #35
discus21
Algae Grower

PTrader: (13/100%)
Default Not

It is not a cross between an angel and a ram. It's not a hybrid. Just a scenario similar to balloon mollies. Angels and rams are of different genera so crossing of both species is not really possible. The balloon shape is the malformed swim bladder gene that has been isolated and used to create this new shape.

At least that is what I have been told?
discus21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #36
WillyJ
Algae Grower

Yeah based on some research that's what I have found also. He/she does seem to have quite a bit of iridescence in its fins, which is really cool, but I also read that these guys aren't very hardy and prone to desease. Oh well
Old 10-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #37
Eden Marel
Planted Tank Guru

I went to Aqua Imports too, and one of them guys was really nice and helpful. But I think he was trying to convince me to buy some Crystal Shrimp even though I told him that my tank was hot and alkaline xD

I do kinda want to try Crystals, but my tank is too hot for them. I can probably lower the pH... but it's the temp that's probably gonna be the problem for them.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #38
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
I went to Aqua Imports too, and one of them guys was really nice and helpful. But I think he was trying to convince me to buy some Crystal Shrimp even though I told him that my tank was hot and alkaline xD

I do kinda want to try Crystals, but my tank is too hot for them. I can probably lower the pH... but it's the temp that's probably gonna be the problem for them.
was it the younger teenage guy? lol I was in there today to. I picked up a cardinal plant and Apon. ulvaceus for my 10 gal. And to start looking at nano fish for when I am able to setup the 5.5 in my office lol. I usually talk to Jon, the guy that looks like shaggy from scooby doo but with a goatee.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #39
Eden Marel
Planted Tank Guru

Yea it was a younger dude, with dark hair. Might have been hispanic, not sure. But yea he seemed nice and helpful and we talked about SSS+ Crystals and King Kongs and Snow Whites... and how they costs thousands of dollars. and I told him no way am I ever gonna go there! And he told me he was gonna go get some SSS+ to breed and stuff soon.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:32 AM   #40
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Yea it was a younger dude, with dark hair. Might have been hispanic, not sure. But yea he seemed nice and helpful and we talked about SSS+ Crystals and King Kongs and Snow Whites... and how they costs thousands of dollars. and I told him no way am I ever gonna go there! And he told me he was gonna go get some SSS+ to breed and stuff soon.
I know they have a few younger guys working in the store. The two to ask advice or questions of are Jon (shaggy from scooby do, with a goatee) and the other guy that is usually in the front of the store. Jon knows his plants, the other guy knows his fish, especially the salt water fish.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #41
discus21
Algae Grower

Default D and G Pets Anniversary Sale!!!!

D and G Pets in Fort Collins is having there annual anniversary sale. I was there yesterday and they have some great deals.

25% off all regular priced fish
Live plants buy 3 get one FREE
and a bunch of other sales but fish and plants were the important ones!

The live plant selection has exploded. It has gone from just a few tanks to.... I counted like 20. I saw a little bit of everything from vals to Madagascar laceleaf to dwarf babytears on rocks and so on!!!! (Way to many plants to list them all here)

Fish selection was awesome. Cardinal tetras, horned nerite snails, rummnose tetras, bristlenose plecos, clown plecos, rubberlip plecos, peacock gudgeons, algae eating shrimp, etc. Lots of new stuff that this place has never had before.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #42
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

I might have to take a drive up there next week lol.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #43
WillyJ
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
I might have to take a drive up there next week lol.
I'm thinking the same thing heh
Old 10-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #44
colorado_photog
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

any idea how long this sale is going on for D and G Pets in Fort Collins is having there annual anniversary sale. I will be up there on the 21st to take my daughter for a tour of CSU
colorado_photog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #45
discus21
Algae Grower

D and G sales runs through the end of October.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.