Colorado Local Fish Stores - Page 22
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 02-16-2012, 03:43 AM   #316
Eden Marel
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)

Welcome to Colorado. The wind drives me nuts, it was really windy several weeks ago.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:46 AM   #317
madness
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

I like Colorado just fine.

If you are in the foothills or the mountains it is pretty.

If you are on the prairie then it is just so barren and desolate.
madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #318
jahmic
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)

Another quick note on Catfish Charlie's...

I heard through another forum that they have a pretty awesome policy on dry goods. If it's not in stock in their store they will order it in...you pay their cost + tax. I'm not sure what their "limitations" are on this policy, but it definitely seems like it's one worth checking out.

I may have to start making the trip up north to setup the new tank.

Last edited by jahmic; 02-17-2012 at 04:52 AM..
jahmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #319
ZLogic
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Pueblo is grimey too. When I was in high school people were getting robbed at gunpoint for like $50. We called it "The Blow."
ZLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #320
Scyry
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

The Walmart at Colfax and Wadsworth has plants. I can tell they are live plants because they are in baskets of rockwool. Past that I have no clue what they are because they are covered in algae about a 1/4" thick. I was suprised to see plants in a Walmart.

Mr.Aqua 7.5 Gallon Cube
2.5 Gallon Aqueon Bowfront
Scyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:18 AM   #321
Cboss
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

I actually saw some decent looking mircosword at a Walmart a month or two ago. I was surprised as well.

Also, has anyone seen any Trigonostigma espei (Espei Rasbora) around lately. I checked a few places around Fort Collins and Greeley last weekend but no luck.
Cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:19 AM   #322
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cboss View Post
I actually saw some decent looking mircosword at a Walmart a month or two ago. I was surprised as well.

Also, has anyone seen any Trigonostigma espei (Espei Rasbora) around lately. I checked a few places around Fort Collins and Greeley last weekend but no luck.
About fish carries them frequently, and Catfish Charlies had some not to long ago too

By the by, the Endlers I got from you are producing some beautiful little ones, and very very frequently lol
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:31 AM   #323
Eden Marel
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)

I always see some sort of Sword plant at Wally World.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #324
ZLogic
Planted Tank Obsessed

I was at Neptune's yesterday and I guess they got a new distributor or something but they had a bunch of new stock. I saw blackberry and pumpkin shrimps, orange dwarf crayfish, GBR, gold and powder blue rams, apisto agazzi and another apisto, limnophila aromatica, some nasae(spelling?). Lots of new stuff that I can't even name today lol. They also have a tank STUFFED with Amanos and the just got about 20-30 Boesemanis. I picked up a trio of the Boesemani's.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #325
nokturnalkid
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (83/100%)

Too bad all the good sounding lfs are in the denver area. Too far of a drive just to go check things out. Even the springs is pushing it. Lol
nokturnalkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #326
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokturnalkid View Post
Too bad all the good sounding lfs are in the denver area. Too far of a drive just to go check things out. Even the springs is pushing it. Lol
Sorry to hear that it is quite a drive. A few years ago I drove down to pueblo to a car show.... long drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLogic View Post
I was at Neptune's yesterday and I guess they got a new distributor or something but they had a bunch of new stock. I saw blackberry and pumpkin shrimps, orange dwarf crayfish, GBR, gold and powder blue rams, apisto agazzi and another apisto, limnophila aromatica, some nasae(spelling?). Lots of new stuff that I can't even name today lol. They also have a tank STUFFED with Amanos and the just got about 20-30 Boesemanis. I picked up a trio of the Boesemani's.
I LOVE boesmani's, they get way to big for my tank though
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #327
ZLogic
Planted Tank Obsessed

Ya Pueblo doesn't have much going for it in the way of anything. When I was a kid we went down there to get in trouble and that's about it. In the Springs, Neptune's Realm on Garden of the Gods isn't too bad and Seascape Aquatics was great and in the middle of expanding their store when I was there 4 or 5 months ago. If you like saltwater, Mr. Aqua on I25 and Fillmore is great and they've been in business for decades.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #328
ZLogic
Planted Tank Obsessed

How big are the Boesemani's going to get? From what I've seen, only about 4" and smaller for the females. The gourami I had made the Boesemani's look like guppies lol. Unfortunatly he ended up killing my pleco, a couple tetras and one of my amanos. My father in law has a big 55g that he calls "The Tank of Misfits." He basically accepts all the fish people around here no longer want lol.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #329
Cboss
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
About fish carries them frequently, and Catfish Charlies had some not to long ago too

By the by, the Endlers I got from you are producing some beautiful little ones, and very very frequently lol
Hmm... Looks like I've now got an excuse to go check out Catfish Charlies.

I'm glad the Endlers are doing good for you. I had to separate each sex just to slow them down a bit, haha. Somehow I'm still getting a few new ones.
Cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:17 AM   #330
DenverTankCollector
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

It might be worth your trip to come up to the Rocky Mountain Chichlid Society Auction Saturday, February 25th at the First Plymouth Congregational Church, 3501 South Colorado Blvd, Englewood, CO 80123. This is at the southwest corner of Colorado and Hampden. The auction will begin at 11:00 with the doors opening at 9:00 for sellers to register auction, "buy it now" and quick sale items. Viewing of auction items begins at 10:00.

I have gone a couple of times. They have lots of fish, quite a few plants and lots of tanks and equipment. Last year I was there till after 6:00, still buying stuff. You can't find most of it in any store. Then in April there is the Colorado Aquarium Society auction which is even better. It may be a long trip, but worth it!
DenverTankCollector is online now   Reply With Quote