Colorado Local Fish Stores - Page 17
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 12-30-2011, 02:20 AM   #241
Mean Harri
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

This is awesome. I'm up here near Fort Collins. I wondered where there were some good fish stores around the front range. Perhaps it's time for some regular road tripping on the weekends.
Mean Harri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2011, 02:37 AM   #242
madness
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Welcome.
madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:30 AM   #243
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Harri View Post
This is awesome. I'm up here near Fort Collins. I wondered where there were some good fish stores around the front range. Perhaps it's time for some regular road tripping on the weekends.
Well D&G up in ft.collins is pretty good. They usually have the normal fish fare in the store, but the plants make up for it, they have a pretty big selection. For unique fish try Aqua imports in Boulder (45 min. south of you) they can order just about strange thing for you.
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:39 AM   #244
Mean Harri
Algae Grower

Thanks Nahoma. I may have to take a trip down to Aqua Imports. Although I hate going to Boulder.

I have purchased all of my fish at D and G. I never had a problem. No illnesses or diseases. They know what they're talking about except for a newer guy therewhose name I don't know.

Their pricing on equipment is outrageous though. For example a Hydor Theo 50w heater can be had for 17-ish dollars on the internet. They want 36 bucks.
Their lighting is sky high over priced.

I understand them not having the buy power of a Dr Foster and Smith, but $80+ more for a light fixture almost anywhere else on the internet? Sorry I don't have a money tree in my back yard, is my philosophy.
Mean Harri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:20 AM   #245
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Harri View Post
Thanks Nahoma. I may have to take a trip down to Aqua Imports. Although I hate going to Boulder.

I have purchased all of my fish at D and G. I never had a problem. No illnesses or diseases. They know what they're talking about except for a newer guy therewhose name I don't know.

Their pricing on equipment is outrageous though. For example a Hydor Theo 50w heater can be had for 17-ish dollars on the internet. They want 36 bucks.
Their lighting is sky high over priced.

I understand them not having the buy power of a Dr Foster and Smith, but $80+ more for a light fixture almost anywhere else on the internet? Sorry I don't have a money tree in my back yard, is my philosophy.
Most LFS's are going to have a higher price to them. While your down in the denver area, you might want to go over to Fish Den as well, its a bit away, but whats another 20 min. They have a ton of fish, and a ton of tanks. They have a very lite plant selection, but there is always something there to find.

Supposedly another fish store is opening in Lousiville, I have not been there yet, and not sure what they have at the moment. I plan to go visit there sometime next month though.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #246
Scyry
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Anyone know of any local stores that carry any of the ADA, Do!Aqua or Mr. Aqua lines? Supposedly a pet store in Evergreen carries Mr. Aqua, but I couldn't find the store when I went up there a couple weekends ago. Would like to see some of the rimless tanks in person to get an idea of what they look like.

Mr.Aqua 7.5 Gallon Cube
2.5 Gallon Aqueon Bowfront
Scyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #247
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyry View Post
Anyone know of any local stores that carry any of the ADA, Do!Aqua or Mr. Aqua lines? Supposedly a pet store in Evergreen carries Mr. Aqua, but I couldn't find the store when I went up there a couple weekends ago. Would like to see some of the rimless tanks in person to get an idea of what they look like.
D&G has a few things, I have yet to see any lfs stock any rimless tanks
Old 01-03-2012, 04:11 AM   #248
DenverTankCollector
Planted Member

I stopped by the Fish Palace at 2712 S. Havana St, Aurora. He has expanded his salt water and coral frags, lots of new and neat stuff. He also has expanded his plant selection, lots of stuff you won't find anywhere else. He even had a Spixi snail in stock. I like his selection and I like it that he is always cleaning and working on the tanks. No, I am not related, I just like healthy fish.
DenverTankCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:26 AM   #249
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

what types of plants did you find? I am getting ready to rescape my 36 gal. and am always looking for interesting plants lol
Old 01-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #250
madness
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

I haven't been in to Fish Palace in the last month but the plant selection is pretty secondary. I wouldn't say that it is worth a drive for you Noahma. Inferior plant selection to Fish Den and Aqua Imports.

I have been meaning to get in there and check out all of those frag tanks that he has been setting up though.
madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #251
ldaniel
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

I tried to stop in at the Fish Den on my out of town on Sunday but they were not open. I called before hand to see if the message said they were closed and they still have their summer hours message playing. I will have to stop in next time I am in town.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:04 AM   #252
Eden Marel
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTankCollector View Post
I stopped by the Fish Palace at 2712 S. Havana St, Aurora. He has expanded his salt water and coral frags, lots of new and neat stuff. He also has expanded his plant selection, lots of stuff you won't find anywhere else. He even had a Spixi snail in stock. I like his selection and I like it that he is always cleaning and working on the tanks. No, I am not related, I just like healthy fish.
Ohh spixi... kinda wanted those since I had problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldaniel View Post
I tried to stop in at the Fish Den on my out of town on Sunday but they were not open. I called before hand to see if the message said they were closed and they still have their summer hours message playing. I will have to stop in next time I am in town.
Sunday was New Years
Old 01-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #253
Scyry
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Fish Den had some nice looking Anubias Coffeefolia, Bateri, and Nana. Rest of the plants looked in decent shape and the stock was pretty full.

All About Fish had a bunch of nice looking Roseline Sharks at $12.99 ea, and I counted atleast 12 different plecos. The red rhino pleco really caught my eye, hadn't seen one before.

Mr.Aqua 7.5 Gallon Cube
2.5 Gallon Aqueon Bowfront
Scyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #254
jahmic
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)

Has anybody seen Amanos for sale anywhere in the Denver area? I got my first 2 batches from Fish Den last year, but they haven't had any in months...that or I've just been seriously unlucky. I've been to Neptunes and About Fish within the past 3 weeks...I know they don't carry them.

The guys at Fish Den are awesome when they have what I want...but look at me funny when I ask if they could order stuff in, so I don't bother anymore. I guess being a demanding customer only flies in Boulder. :b

BTW, for those that love tiny fish but have bad eyes and can never find them at the lfs (me)...Fish Den has a great stock of Nannostomus beckfordi. They seem boring in the lfs tanks...but their schooling and "grazing" behavior in a planted tank is awesome, especially given their small bioload.

Just don't buy any til after Sunday...because I plan on going back and getting a few more :b
Old 01-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #255
jahmic
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)

(double post)

Last edited by jahmic; 01-18-2012 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: double post
jahmic is offline   Reply With Quote