Colorado Local Fish Stores - Page 15
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 08-31-2011, 07:57 PM   #211
madness
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Noah: there are two people on the SnS that are offering Hygro Pinnifida at the moment.

One appears to have a tank full of it (with pictures) that he is heavily thinning out. The other is Jimmyko who is who I got mine from (along with fire reds, great fissidens and high quality samples of some other stuff).
madness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #212
ZLogic
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

I was at Neptune's Tropicals on Tuesday and they had a good stock of healthy plants. They didn't have anything special, as a matter of fact they told me they don't keep anything too demanding and they don't use co2. I've visited almost a dozen LFS's between southern Denver and CO Springs and the two I've found with the healthiest plants are Seascape Aquatics in the Springs and the ones at Neptunes. All of them sell Eco-Complete for $10 or $15 more per bag than online so that kinda sucks.
ZLogic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #213
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
Noah: there are two people on the SnS that are offering Hygro Pinnifida at the moment.

One appears to have a tank full of it (with pictures) that he is heavily thinning out. The other is Jimmyko who is who I got mine from (along with fire reds, great fissidens and high quality samples of some other stuff).

I have two stems already in my flora, and will eventually either trim or get a couple more from Aqua imports when they get them. I am in no huge hurry. Too many plants as it is lol
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #214
cardgenius
Planted Member

PTrader: (13/93%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLogic View Post
All of them sell Eco-Complete for $10 or $15 more per bag than online so that kinda sucks.
Seems to be the norm for most shops around town, which sucks. I just bought a bag of Flourite Dark for $24 shipped. While all the stores I called or went to had them marked at $35-$40.
cardgenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 01:43 AM   #215
madness
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Anyone know of any LFS around town that carry any interesting rimless tanks (Mr. Aqua, ADA etc.)?
madness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 01:47 AM   #216
Eden Marel
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)

Nope don't think so. Only the Fluval kind
Old 09-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #217
Cboss
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

Aqua Imports has some very nice Choprae Danios. I'd never seen them before and they looked much better in person than any pics I've found online. Not cheap though, about $8.50 each.

I also picked up a nice pair of Scarlet Badis, if anyone is looking for those.
Cboss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #218
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cboss View Post
Aqua Imports has some very nice Choprae Danios. I'd never seen them before and they looked much better in person than any pics I've found online. Not cheap though, about $8.50 each.

I also picked up a nice pair of Scarlet Badis, if anyone is looking for those.
I have a few of them, they are like zebra danios on crack. Amazing colors in a planted tank, well worth the cost
Old 09-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #219
rballi
Planted Tank Enthusiast

went to About Fish on federal and had some very healthy looking stock up there. Picked up 30 cardinals and said he has been using the same supplier for 30 years. Fish have had great color since putting them in the tank and not a single fatality. He carries Scarlet Badis, TONS of angels of all sizes, varieties, dwarf cichlids, electric blue rams, apistos, lots of good stuff for a very good price. Picked up 30 cardinals for $60. Anything above 20 fish is 1.80 a piece.
rballi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #220
HypnoticAquatic
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rballi View Post
went to About Fish on federal and had some very healthy looking stock up there. Picked up 30 cardinals and said he has been using the same supplier for 30 years. Fish have had great color since putting them in the tank and not a single fatality. He carries Scarlet Badis, TONS of angels of all sizes, varieties, dwarf cichlids, electric blue rams, apistos, lots of good stuff for a very good price. Picked up 30 cardinals for $60. Anything above 20 fish is 1.80 a piece.
that last part 20 + fish for 1.80 each has got to be for only certain fish there is now way mark is selling dario dario for 1.80 each he sells them for 8.99 so do u know what fish hes got on that list for 20+ or was it just your cards?
HypnoticAquatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2011, 08:02 AM   #221
rballi
Planted Tank Enthusiast

the cardinals, rummynose i know for sure. Has a GREAT looking school of rummys there right now priced at 20 fish for $36, sorry if i confused anyone.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:36 AM   #222
rballi
Planted Tank Enthusiast

anybody seen any nice looking red stems or whatever sort anywhere? I am thinking of going up to aqua imports on friday as I have never been there and i think they usually get their shipments in then right?
Old 09-22-2011, 07:00 AM   #223
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
anybody seen any nice looking red stems or whatever sort anywhere? I am thinking of going up to aqua imports on friday as I have never been there and i think they usually get their shipments in then right?
They got their shipment either last Friday or this Friday, usually after 2:00pm. I will be up that way picking up some endless from cboss at aquatic exotics which is near by.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #224
rballi
Planted Tank Enthusiast

is there some good stuff to check out at aquatic exotics as well?
Old 09-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #225
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
is there some good stuff to check out at aquatic exotics as well?
It's a hit or miss with them. Sometimes they have great stuff, sometimes they don't. Their stems usually run 1.00 each

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.