Colorado Local Fish Stores - Page 14
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 08-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #196
madness
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
swords are very big plants lol, the melons are going to get just as big
Yeah, but they are starting out small and I can trim them back as they grow and have time to figure them out.

Starting out with 20" + plants (the tanzende feuerfeder that I ordered) is a little more difficult.

BTW, I got up to Aqua Imports last Sunday. Most of the plants were gone (they were between shipments) but the store was definitely impressive.

I still wound up with some Hornwort, some planted water sprite a couple of red tiger lotuses (not sure on those yet) but it was clear that they were a little low on stock at that point. I think they said they had another shipment due in last Friday (two days ago) but I couldn't bring myself to drive all the way back up there again so soon.
madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #197
willbldrco
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Default D&G Pets

I finally made it up to Ft. Collins to see D&G Pets. Wow. Even in the middle of a full-store expansion/remodel, they had an great selection of plants, shrimp, and snails. I was expecting alot after reading reports on this forum - those expectations were met!

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful too.

I can't wait until the end of Sept when their expansion is complete. They are huge plant fans and even plan to have a large selection of marine algae and plants. They had a saltwater nano tank with some gorgeous marine plants and algae! (see pic below)

FYI,

Will
willbldrco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #198
madness
Wannabe Guru

Hopefully I can hold off until after the remodel finishes then - I hate the drive to Fort Collins too.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:40 AM   #199
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
Yeah, but they are starting out small and I can trim them back as they grow and have time to figure them out.

Starting out with 20" + plants (the tanzende feuerfeder that I ordered) is a little more difficult.

BTW, I got up to Aqua Imports last Sunday. Most of the plants were gone (they were between shipments) but the store was definitely impressive.

I still wound up with some Hornwort, some planted water sprite a couple of red tiger lotuses (not sure on those yet) but it was clear that they were a little low on stock at that point. I think they said they had another shipment due in last Friday (two days ago) but I couldn't bring myself to drive all the way back up there again so soon.
Yea, Aqua imports gets picked clean pretty quickly. If there is a plant you want, they will order it for you, and do not require you buy the whole shipment lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbldrco View Post
I finally made it up to Ft. Collins to see D&G Pets. Wow. Even in the middle of a full-store expansion/remodel, they had an great selection of plants, shrimp, and snails. I was expecting alot after reading reports on this forum - those expectations were met!

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful too.

I can't wait until the end of Sept when their expansion is complete. They are huge plant fans and even plan to have a large selection of marine algae and plants. They had a saltwater nano tank with some gorgeous marine plants and algae! (see pic below)

FYI,

Will
I have a hard time getting up there, but I never come home empty handed lol. They will not special order plants for you unless you buy the whole 6 bunches +, but they always have good stuff.

Quote:
Hopefully I can hold off until after the remodel finishes then - I hate the drive to Fort Collins too.
Next time I am up there (couple weeks or so) I will take note of what I see, so that you do not have to waste a long trip up there.
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:51 AM   #200
Eden Marel
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)

I was at D&G today, most of their plants were melted or in the process of melting. Though their Elodea and Didiplis diandra were in pretty good shape.

Some Petco now carries Tracked Nerite Snails for $2.99. Petco also has Eheim Ecco canister filters for clearance at $87.

Aqua Imports have a few selection of nano fish, Blue Axelrodi, Chili Rasbora, Pygmy Rasbora, Pygmy Cory, also have shrimp like Green Shrimp, Tiger Shrimp Pinnochio...
Old 08-21-2011, 03:49 AM   #201
Cboss
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

Aqua Imports also has some nice True and Peru Altum angels. Much better than their normal selection of angelfish.
Cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:09 AM   #202
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cboss View Post
Aqua Imports also has some nice True and Peru Altum angels. Much better than their normal selection of angelfish.
I saw that, they were very nice looking.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:57 AM   #203
rballi
Planted Tank Enthusiast

do you remember how much the true altums were? I am thinking about replacing my silvers with em...
Old 08-21-2011, 06:04 AM   #204
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rballi View Post
do you remember how much the true altums were? I am thinking about replacing my silvers with em...
I think they were somewhere in the range of 49.99 each
Old 08-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #205
Cboss
Planted Tank Obsessed

They only had 2 of the True Altums about 3 days ago. About a dozen or more Peru Altums, which I think were more $20-$30ish.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:39 AM   #206
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Wanted to post something pretty nice!

I was in Aqua imports earlier today, I had asked to see if there was one paticular plant that they could order for me. Well... It just showed up on their order list, stilllisted as out of stock from their supplier but the supplier is now sellling hygrophilia pinnifida They said they would call me when it was available for them to order. EEHHH I cannot wait!!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:06 AM   #207
Cboss
Planted Tank Obsessed

Very nice. I should try asking them to order stuff in sometime. They seem to be happy to get just about anything.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:56 AM   #208
madness
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Wanted to post something pretty nice!

I was in Aqua imports earlier today, I had asked to see if there was one paticular plant that they could order for me. Well... It just showed up on their order list, stilllisted as out of stock from their supplier but the supplier is now sellling hygrophilia pinnifida They said they would call me when it was available for them to order. EEHHH I cannot wait!!
I got a stem of this as part of an order from a seller here in the SnS. Haven't had it long enough to tell what it is going to do (just a small dark brown plant at this point).
Old 08-31-2011, 05:24 AM   #209
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
I got a stem of this as part of an order from a seller here in the SnS. Haven't had it long enough to tell what it is going to do (just a small dark brown plant at this point).
The two stems I have in my flora are olive green lol, Wonder if there are different varieties, or if it is the light intensity.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:51 AM   #210
madness
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
The two stems I have in my flora are olive green lol, Wonder if there are different varieties, or if it is the light intensity.
Oops. I think I mistook it for the crypt nurii that I also got as a freebie on another order. The pinnifida leaves look like a bunch of arrowheads stacked together pointing in towards the center of the plant? On mine the bottom of the leave is light brown or even almost pinkish and the top is a nice green.