Any good LFS in Mobile area and south?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Alabama

Old 01-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
Michaelh218
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Any good LFS in Mobile area and south?

Planning on moving to the Summerdale area in a few months and will be in the market for a decent LFS so if anyone can make some recommendations for Baldwin or Mobile counties I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Michaelh218 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
plchacker
Algae Grower

B&D in Mobile has lots of the basics, but my last couple trips in I was not happy with the fish in their tanks. Great for equipment, and selection. In the past they did a great job. This is a general pet shop, so there is a lot of other critters that get more attention.

Petsmart is both in Mobile and Spanish Fort.

FatFish is in Spannish Fort. I may pay them a visit tomorow.

I live a hundred miles North, so I can't just run to the LFS on a regular basis.
plchacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2009, 05:16 AM   #3
Michaelh218
Algae Grower

I understand completely. I'll check out the ones you mentioned when I get down there, thanks a ton.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Michaelh218
Algae Grower

I believe FatFish has shut down as my wife went by there the other day and it was just an empty store front. Then again it may have been a different place.

Best LFS I've found in the general area so far is a little shop close to Blue Angel Parkway in P'cola but haven't had time to really put the "hunt" on. Decent selection (can't remember the name) and prices aren't too bad except for their salt water stuff which is outrageous (8 bucks per pound for live rock and it didn't look all that great)

Didn't notice a whole lot of plants or plant supplies.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #5
fishfood

If you are going to pensacola the best place over there for freshwater is Waterworld. They also have saltwater stuff as well. The other stores I go to are Aquaria, Reef Scapes and Reefers Paradise... All of which are saltwater only stores.

In mobile you have Progressive Marine and B&B.

There is nothing on the Eastern Shore. Fat Fish shut down a little while back so you will have to head to west mobile or pensacola.

I forgot to add the local saltwater forums are MBRK.com and panhandlereefers.com
fishfood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2010, 05:56 AM   #6
Kwazar
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Yah B&B is the place to go in Mobile. I have always thought they have had a great selection, probably a third of the store is aquarium related stuff. BTW, if you have a pool sized aquarium they had alligator gar for sale a couple weeks back lol...
Kwazar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2010, 06:08 AM   #7
Kwazar
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Ha oops, didnt realize thread was a year old..
Kwazar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.