Paintball Co2 Injection DIY Setup with Tons of Photos - Page 41
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 11-29-2010, 02:13 AM   #601
keithy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumlee View Post
So can we buy multiple needle valves for a more consistent system? We would be able to connect them through a 1/8 to 1/8 adapter or whatever it is.
you don't want to do that because of the cost. But since NickS already have both and he got a refund for the bad deltrol, maybe he could use it to his advantage[in this case it will work because the watts valve will not have to deal with 800psi anymore if combined in series]. But I would not recomend buying multiple valves because it may end up costly.
keithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 02:15 AM   #602
chumlee
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

6 + 6 = 12 dollars, im only 16 but I think I can manage but in theory it would work? I might buy another one tomorrow !!!
chumlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:17 AM   #603
keithy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
6 + 6 = 12 dollars, im only 16 but I think I can manage but in theory it would work? I might buy another one tomorrow !!!

6? how did you come up with 6 + 6?

Oh..... if you are planing to get 2 watts valve it will NOT work. I am saying the deltrol valve first then the watts valve

CO2 tank-->ASA-->deltrol-->watts-->co2 tubing (will work in theory)
Old 11-29-2010, 02:19 AM   #604
chumlee
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Oh sorry, the home depot/ lowes ones are 6 dollars. Im using one now and it is pretty consistent but I would like some more consistency. I didnt mean it to be obnoxious if thats how it sounded , sorry .
Old 11-29-2010, 02:23 AM   #605
keithy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Oh sorry, the home depot/ lowes ones are 6 dollars. Im using one now and it is pretty consistent but I would like some more consistency. I didnt mean it to be obnoxious if thats how it sounded , sorry .
NO, I was trying to reply fast because I know you're online now. I am sorry if I sounded rude. Yeah, if the first valve works, then providing second valve should give you better control. But, again, the more fitting/connection, the more places for the gas to leak. Do test for leaks.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:24 AM   #606
chumlee
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks, ill let you know how it goes, ill probably pick another one up sometime this week. Ive been pretty good with leaks so far so hopefully my luck continues. wait, whats that hissing noise?
Old 11-29-2010, 03:28 AM   #607
NickS
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Just tried tightening that nut and then tightened the knob with a wrench. Seemed to be working until the whole knob sheared off...

"I am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my computer to perform automatically a task that it would otherwise take me a good ten seconds to do by hand." DOUGLAS ADAMS, WRITER
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:16 AM   #608
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

PTrader: (135/100%)

Try a Swagelok valve, a bit more money but a few people are using it with no problem. I'm using Watts myself, works for me and a few members also.

Jaggedfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:38 AM   #609
coldmantis
Algae Grower

just wanted to ask a quick question, I remember when I first when to HD for the watts needle valve I saw two version but the same model, one when you completely take out the knob that turns it's an actual pointed needle like the ones you sew with and the other which is not pointed, which one are people using with the floating problem.
coldmantis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:45 AM   #610
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

Pointed Needle, If I re-read your statement right. I read it a few times to understand it. Mine's Pointed. All three.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #611
coldmantis
Algae Grower

that could be the problem then if your is pointed like a real needle as in sharp and can pierce skin, I think most people who are having this float problem including me is using the one with a stump needle
coldmantis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:35 PM   #612
MeanGreenEyes
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

Just found this on [Ebay Link Removed] it work?

search this "Whitey Swagelok 1/8" Brass Needle Valve B-OVM2-BKB"
Old 11-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #613
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmantis View Post
that could be the problem then if your is pointed like a real needle as in sharp and can pierce skin, I think most people who are having this float problem including me is using the one with a stump needle
I mean mines is stump needle (at first didn't quite understand what you meant.) As in the end of the needle valve adjuster arm is smoothed off flat. It isn't sharp. Refer back to a few pages, my photos are attached. I have no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreenEyes View Post
Just found this on [Ebay Link Removed] it work?

search this "Whitey Swagelok 1/8" Brass Needle Valve B-OVM2-BKB"
I would opt to go this route for the people who's having problems with the Watts valves. Since you guys are replacing 2-3 of them already, taking into factor that everything is tighten right, I would lean toward the Swagelok B-OVM2-KBK valve instead. In the end result, our hopes is to have it working, if it doesn't work after numerous tries.. move up(upgrade).

Old 11-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #614
MeanGreenEyes
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

Just bought 2 of these (Whitey Swagelok 1/8" Brass Needle Valve B-OVM2-BKB) to go on 2 of my setups...hopefully they work...
Old 11-30-2010, 12:56 AM   #615
keithy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreenEyes View Post
Just bought 2 of these (Whitey Swagelok 1/8" Brass Needle Valve B-OVM2-BKB) to go on 2 of my setups...hopefully they work...

maybe not as easy to control, but should work with a little patience.... I think....

edit: I actually wanted to get the b-ovm2 before I decided to get the deltrol.... let us know how it does. Maybe this might be better than the deltrol. Did you check what max pressure rating is?

edit2: I just checked and pressure rating is 3000psi, more than enough. This valve might be a good one. Let us know.