Paintball Co2 Injection DIY Setup with Tons of Photos - Page 103
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 04-22-2011, 04:25 AM   #1531
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

PTrader: (135/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordztech View Post
FYI the needle valves sold at home depot are also at OSH. But OSH has them for around 5 bucks. Oh and I commented on how home depot was 15 bucks each, they dropped the price to 10 bucks.

Im trying these stupid valves again.
Let me know next time around when you drop by to pick up the parts.

Jaggedfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #1532
accordztech
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

The valves are good now, I setup (and voided my GLA warrenty hehe) with a 3 port co2 system.

The valves can do 1 bubble per 2 seconds if I tried. It will hold that all day.

Im happy and poor at the same time =/

Jase, ill try to hit you up tomorrow. But im detailing a car in the afternoon so I may not have time to stop by.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:40 AM   #1533
Batt4Christ
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks for posting this (and yes, I know this has been here a while, but I just found it) - and being new to the CO2 idea - I'm looking for options and this looks right up my alley (I have an extra CO2 tank!).
Batt4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #1534
rj55021
Algae Grower

Yesterday I finally found the SVEB20 tube, but I am confused about the setup with the same needle valve on the first page.

Does the compression ring must be smashed when tighten the nut to the needle valve in order to lock the tube into it?

I got a different A-41 with an L shape and it came in a different set up (without the compression ring) like this one

I was able to assemble the L shape needle valve into the tube and connect to the ASA ON/OFF. (still need to buy the tank)

My question is more about what is suppose to happen with the compression ring, as I am planning to have a second set up.

Thanks all
rj55021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:33 AM   #1535
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

If you're using a Compressing Ring, as you tighten the Nut, it will "Compress" the Compression Ring to grab onto the Tubing. It will pinch itself enough to hold onto the Tubing. You should not be able to pull the Tubing out afterwards.

If you are able to pull the Tubing out, you either didn't tighten it the Nut down enough or the Compression Ring wasn't positioned right when you were tightening the Nut down.

Keep in mind the Compression Ring will alter it's shape when you tighten the Nut therefore it can be used most of the time just once. Although you might get away with it by reform it cylinder circle shape if you mess up and try again.

In you're case, your Needle Valve came with a Nipple to Tubing output. It's basically a simple setup as well. It uses the same Tubing for the Compressiong Ring as well.

Installation guide:
- Slide Nut onto Co2 Tubing first.
- Attach the Nipple to Tubing connector onto the Co2 Tubing to where the Nipple to Tubing curves outward at the other end. Don't force the Co2 Tubing pass that mark.
- Position it onto the Needle Valve's Output thread, after having teflon tape that thread area, screw the Nut onto the Needle Valve's Output thread.
- Tighten down with a wrench.

Check for leaks, if it holds, you're good to go.

That should answer all of your questions.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #1536
rj55021
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggedfury View Post
If you're using a Compressing Ring, as you tighten the Nut, it will "Compress" the Compression Ring to grab onto the Tubing. It will pinch itself enough to hold onto the Tubing. You should not be able to pull the Tubing out afterwards.

If you are able to pull the Tubing out, you either didn't tighten it the Nut down enough or the Compression Ring wasn't positioned right when you were tightening the Nut down.

Keep in mind the Compression Ring will alter it's shape when you tighten the Nut therefore it can be used most of the time just once. Although you might get away with it by reform it cylinder circle shape if you mess up and try again.

In you're case, your Needle Valve came with a Nipple to Tubing output. It's basically a simple setup as well. It uses the same Tubing for the Compressiong Ring as well.

Installation guide:
- Slide Nut onto Co2 Tubing first.
- Attach the Nipple to Tubing connector onto the Co2 Tubing to where the Nipple to Tubing curves outward at the other end. Don't force the Co2 Tubing pass that mark.
- Position it onto the Needle Valve's Output thread, after having teflon tape that thread area, screw the Nut onto the Needle Valve's Output thread.
- Tighten down with a wrench.

Check for leaks, if it holds, you're good to go.

That should answer all of your questions.
Sure did

Thanks Jag.

I may get my CO2 tank this Saturday. So I will send news later on that.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:11 AM   #1537
rj55021
Algae Grower

Finally !!! Up and running, no licks and ready to watch my plants growing a lottt!

After 12 hours working, my findings:

- It seems the bobbles are noisy, I thought would be a lick after opened the valves, but getting closer to the bobbles it seems clear that the sound comes from them ... :P (Comments ?? )

- Yes, I notice a small drop of the pressure after this 12 hours and then I had to open a little more the valve to keep the 1:1 sequence.

- Yes, I did wrong when I first open the valve and I quietly peed my pants

- Happy to find this post! Looking forward on the development of this system
Old 05-01-2011, 04:59 AM   #1538
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

Looks good. How long did the shipment take to get to you? Day wise.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:15 AM   #1539
jjonesrjc
Planted Member

Ok hate to be a pain but I can't figure out what o ring you're all talking about as mine has begun to leak from the top when I screw the top piece down it leaks right from underneath it not from where it screws on to the tank. Any help would be much appreciated I just cant find an o ring on the unit.
jjonesrjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:16 AM   #1540
jasonpatterson
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggedfury View Post
This has been poking at me every time I see it on this forum, but you should never use teflon tape or any other thread sealant with a compression joint. It weakens the joint and can introduce leaks. I know that a lot of people do it, but it's a bad practice.
jasonpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:50 AM   #1541
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjonesrjc View Post
Ok hate to be a pain but I can't figure out what o ring you're all talking about as mine has begun to leak from the top when I screw the top piece down it leaks right from underneath it not from where it screws on to the tank. Any help would be much appreciated I just cant find an o ring on the unit.
At Lowes, The O rings are easily replacecable. It's like .58 cents per 3-6 O rings. Part number at Lowes is BrassCraft # 0533. The size is 1/4"ID x 3/8"OD x 1/16" Wall Thickness.

Here is a picture of a photo of another O ring source from Lowes that will work as replacement also.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:51 AM   #1542
jjonesrjc
Planted Member

Also forgot to mention when I went to turn the on/off valve off I went the wrong way and heard a snap. Is my asa on/off shot or can I fix it?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:57 AM   #1543
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

Wouldn't know. I haven't turn it the wrong way before.

Simply just take it apart. Since you're replacing the 2 O rings on the Depress Pin.

The ASA On/Off Valve is not much to it. Here's how it looks like apart.

Examine the Hex Scew, Depress Pin and 2 O rings.

While the ASA On/Off Valve is off the Paintball Co2 Tank, inspect your Pin Valve as well on the Paintball Co2 Tank itself.

If you heard a Snap, something obviously was overscrewed.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:14 AM   #1544
jjonesrjc
Planted Member

how do you get the depression pin out?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #1545
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

If you removing the Top Knob completely out. You should be able to push down the Depress Pin with a pick.

Once you install the 2 O rings, just push it back upward in place and it will fit snug and tight. If anytime the Depress Pin falls out by itself, the 2 O rings are ripped. Needs replacing.