Paintball Co2 Injection DIY Setup with Tons of Photos - Page 100
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 03-25-2011, 02:22 AM   #1486
e.wan
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggedfury View Post
Never done it, Don't advised it.

If replacing it, use a pick and pick it out, then slide the new one in.

No type of grease is needed at all.

All up to you though.
alright thanks for the reply, just crossed my mind as i was setting up the 2215, and that alot of the members here recommend vaseline on the o-ring there.
e.wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #1487
S4UCE
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

I burned through a 16oz tank in three weeks at 1-2bps. I figure I would have noticed any leaks but I guess I was wrong! I'm going to get the tank refilled tomorrow, replace the o-ring, and check the system with soapy water.
S4UCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:17 AM   #1488
ValorG
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (59/100%)

I've been linking this on a few other forums!
ValorG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:45 AM   #1489
Geoscouter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kianna View Post
I found the 2 o-rings for the depress pin in the asa at Lowes. BrassCraft # 0533 - 2 o-rings for .58 The size is 1/4"ID x 3/8"OD x 1/16" Wall Thickness.

They didn't look bad but I replaced them anyway, pushed the pin back in there (doesn't fall out anymore) and it works perfect. No more leaking out the top knob.
I had the same problem, unit was working fine but turned the on off valve off to clean the diffuser. When I turned it back on co2 came rushing out of the top of the on off valve. WTF ? Took the valve off the tank and the pin fell on the floor! Had no clue what could have happened. Checked here and sure enough a couple of others had the same problem. I went to lowes and bought the above o-rings Danco #5. 10 for $1.97 replaced the two rings on the pin and slid it back into the on off valve which now held it in place. Turned the valve back on just until I had pressure show on the gauge and it's working great again! Jagged knows his product! Don't crank the on off valve knob all the way down.

thanks!
Geoscouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #1490
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

PTrader: (135/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoscouter View Post
I had the same problem, unit was working fine but turned the on off valve off to clean the diffuser. When I turned it back on co2 came rushing out of the top of the on off valve. WTF ? Took the valve off the tank and the pin fell on the floor! Had no clue what could have happened. Checked here and sure enough a couple of others had the same problem. I went to lowes and bought the above o-rings Danco #5. 10 for $1.97 replaced the two rings on the pin and slid it back into the on off valve which now held it in place. Turned the valve back on just until I had pressure show on the gauge and it's working great again! Jagged knows his product! Don't crank the on off valve knob all the way down.

thanks!
This is a very common problem that happens fairly often in the Paintball Sport Industries. You can probably imagine it happening more often due to the fact the players refill their Paintball Co2 Tanks more often then we do, each time before playing a game or after or sometimes during a game if there's a fill station near by. Time and Speed is everything to the players.

This is an example. Fast removal closing off the Top Knob, Twisting off their Paintball Tank for another one to be inplace, Opening of the Top Knob with speed precisions and not using the Gauge as reference of Acceptance.

To lessen this problem and prolong the life of the 2 "O" rings, Use the Gauge for what's it's designed for. As you turn your Top Knob on the ASA On/Off Valve, pay attention to the Gauge at the same time while turning it Clockwise. Once the Gauge "Accepts" the pressure, the adjusting of the Top Knob on the ASA On/Off Valve can be stop.

Personally, I haven't had to replace the 2 "O" rings myself. This problem had came to my attentioned from a customer that notifty me of this. I then contacted my vendor of the product and he informed me that these 2 "O" rings goes out depending on the adjustment of the Top Knob on the ASA On/Off Valve.

Jaggedfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #1491
rekles75
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (104/100%)

Oh well I guess I will give up on this system. I could never get the needle valve dialed in to 1 bubble a sec. It would start as 1 bubble a sec then a few hours later it would either go to no CO2 or like 40 bubbles a sec. Decided to get another Needle valve but never got to replace it. Before I could the on/off switch started leaking CO2 like crazy. It is not the o ring I have 100s of them. The CO2 is leaking from the on off valve because it turns it white from the cold CO2 coming out there.

55 GAL #1---55 GAL #2 ---10 GAL---4 GAL Finnex---ALL SCAPES HAVE BEEN RETIRED.
rekles75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #1492
wiseguy127
Algae Grower

PTrader: (18/100%)

Got my number 3 and it seems pretty slick. Now I just have to get my paint ball tank to play with it.
wiseguy127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #1493
sjuapseorn
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Man I wish I had seen this like 4 days ago.. I could have saved 5$ worth of O-rings..
well atleast now I know what's up..
sjuapseorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #1494
sjuapseorn
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid14 View Post
Holy crap! I adjusted the co2 about 2 millimeters and the tubes blew off and started flapping about. I freaked out and ran out of my room. My mom came running up the stairs and managed to turn it off. Everythimg was fine before, nothing broke. Just wanted to warn people to BE CAREFUL! It works great still just be careful adjusting it.

ZOMG!!! thank you!!
I just laughed so hard I had tears!!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:24 AM   #1495
pattymedic

Ok, stupid question but I know nothing about CO2 systems. I would like to do this rather than mess around with yeast and pop bottles. After I set all this up, then what? I hook it up to a glass diffuser that goes in the water? What else do I need?
pattymedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:40 AM   #1496
sjuapseorn
Planted Member

Once you have the whole setup made and leak tested.. Fill the bubble counter with water and put the diffuser in the water you're pretty much set.

Just have to tweak on the needle valve till you get the bubble rate you want.

Depending on how high tech you want to go.. you can buy a timer and a solenoid to activate the co2 when the lights come on and off when they go out, but the cheapest one i've seen so far is made by TAAM and it's 89$ on amazon.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #1497
HolyAngel
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Send a message via AIM to HolyAngel

a drop checker with 4dkh solution is good to monitor the co2 till you get it where you want it, then it's all good. just check it every week or so to make sure the bubble count(need a bubble counter and make sure you have a check valve too) is still good and yeah, totally good to go

also i would choose an inline atomizer instead of a glass diffuser that goes in the tank. the glass ones are flimsy.. and yeah if you have a canister filter then thats the way to go for sure. can check my sig for results as i'm using this method myself ^^
Old 04-03-2011, 07:51 AM   #1498
coldmantis
Algae Grower

the thing about the o rings leaking on the adapters is what pissed me off, because of this I have gone few quite a couple of adapters. I find that if it leaks and you replaced the oring it's never the same as before, I started recently in the pass month to transition all my paintball co2 to a regulator setup google for " jacpac" it's basicly a kit that comes with a regulator that fits onto a paintball tank and it also comes with a 9oz paintball tank and the best part was it was on sale here in canada got it for 20 bucks, rigged it up with the swagelok and omg it's amazing you won't believe how much easier it is to adjust the bubble rate when your not going against 850psi of pressure and on how steady it is, all I can say is wow even after 2 weeks it's still steady to the millisecond that I originally set it before, and with this setup a solenoid is a easy addition. All I can say is that if you want 3bps, 2bps, 1bps, 1b per 10secs this does that effortlessly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1240.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	29372  

coldmantis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #1499
S4UCE
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4UCE View Post
I burned through a 16oz tank in three weeks at 1-2bps. I figure I would have noticed any leaks but I guess I was wrong! I'm going to get the tank refilled tomorrow, replace the o-ring, and check the system with soapy water.
Turned out I had a leak from the compression nut. I replaced it with an ander-lign compression nut with sleeve and that did the trick. When I was testing, I accidentally cranked up the needle valve and blew the tubing off the check valve, launching the glass diffuser into the tile floor. Fortunately, I'm just finishing up a DIY reactor to get the CO2 into the water more efficiently.
S4UCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #1500
ohbaby714
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (118/100%)

Agree with coldmantis.
I got mine setup about a month now and went through 2 of the 20oz. tanks due to trying to hard to get the bubble right. In the end, I got a regulator (similar to coldmantis) that output 35psi, it's like night and day, the defusser also work much better at breaking down co2 due to lower pressure, thus less reach the water surface and more in the water. I'll refill my 3rd tank and will see if this is more effective.
ohbaby714 is offline   Reply With Quote