My 1st ADA, The Mini L - Page 16
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 07-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #226
Geniusdudekiran
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbug View Post
Ask and you shall receive, Kiran

The stauro has been mowed to stumps since this picture. So it doesn't look this good right now. The needle leaf was removed completely and the bolbitis has taken over. I'm happy with the stauro foreground, but I might go back to rocks only in this tank. The wood is too thin and breaks too easily. I'll stick with thicker branches in my 120p.
Amazing, I love staurogyne in nano tanks. It fits so well. Great job!

PS -- sometimes going back and looking at pics of your tank and how it used to look is not good. I've been doing that for a while in my Mini S journal, and it just doesn't help. Look forward towards the changes you plan on!
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #227
antbug
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
Amazing, I love staurogyne in nano tanks. It fits so well. Great job!

PS -- sometimes going back and looking at pics of your tank and how it used to look is not good. I've been doing that for a while in my Mini S journal, and it just doesn't help. Look forward towards the changes you plan on!

Thanks dude. Do you mean the HC lawn? I do miss that sometimes.

antbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #228
antbug
Wannabe Guru

Rescape is in the works. My old rocks from the 120p are going to make a cool iwagumi scape. Last night I trimmed all my fissidens from the 120p and in the blender it went. Added a little yogurt (heard it helps) and painted 5 rocks with the fronds. I added the rocks to my emmersed setup. Once they fill in, I'll work on the rescape. Going for something simple this time. S. repens around the rocks and fissidens on them. Maybe a stem, crypt or val in the back. Wood and bolbitis will be removed. Stay tuned.

Last edited by antbug; 08-29-2012 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 10-25-2012, 03:05 AM   #229
antbug
Wannabe Guru

New plant for me, Rotala Mac. It's doing quite well and looks great with the Stauro repens. A few pics.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:39 AM   #230
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

looks great!
orchidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #231
Fat Guy
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)

I think it looks really great. If you are ever doing a staurogyne trim and want to part with some, please let me know.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #232
fusiongt
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Dude awesome tank but what's with that monstrosity of a heater? Super eye sore. Obviously an inline heater is nice but messing with the tubing is annoying so I say get a small heater made for nano tanks like this one:

Archaea makes a good super small one: http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=687

It's only about 4 inches long, very thin and works well. You set it on the outside. You already the Archaea light fixture so go with the heater as well! I use it on my 25 gallon tank - it's under powered for that but I only have to get the water up 2-3 degrees and it does that just fine. For your tank, you could consider the small 25w or 50w one, but the guy at Aqua Forest told me they're the same size and almost same price so there's no downside on the 50w.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #233
antbug
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
looks great!
Thanks. I'm still not 100% about the rock placement and I have a lot of pieces to play with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Guy View Post
I think it looks really great. If you are ever doing a staurogyne trim and want to part with some, please let me know.
Thank you. Maybe 2-3 weeks before my next trim. I'll have around 40 stems to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusiongt View Post
Dude awesome tank but what's with that monstrosity of a heater? Super eye sore. Obviously an inline heater is nice but messing with the tubing is annoying so I say get a small heater made for nano tanks like this one:

Archaea makes a good super small one: http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=687

It's only about 4 inches long, very thin and works well. You set it on the outside. You already the Archaea light fixture so go with the heater as well! I use it on my 25 gallon tank - it's under powered for that but I only have to get the water up 2-3 degrees and it does that just fine. For your tank, you could consider the small 25w or 50w one, but the guy at Aqua Forest told me they're the same size and almost same price so there's no downside on the 50w.

Haha that's not the heater, its the cord from the Archaea light. That fat part is a quick disconnect and I hate it. I've contemplated ways to hide it, but the angle I view this tank most is from my couch and it hide nicely behind that far left rock. I'll snap a pic from that view. Thanks for the suggestion on the heater. I have a small one if needed, but I rarely use it.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #234
antbug
Wannabe Guru

Just picked up some ludwigia senegalensis to replace the rotala macrandra. I also added some BV's to help the blue gene with my shrimp. Other than that, the tank is doing good. I'll post a FTS after a cleaning and water change.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #235
antbug
Wannabe Guru

I purchased some new lily pipes and went for the poppy glass type. I'm very impressed so far. I almost forgot how nice they looked.

I also pulled a section of the stauro out and made a little beach area. Thinking of HC or e. hydropiper if I can find some.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mini l FTS.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	65762  

Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #236
jkan0228
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (115/100%)

Very nice. Can we get a front FTS?
jkan0228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:32 AM   #237
antbug
Wannabe Guru

Thanks Jeff. Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mini l front FTS.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	66194  

Old 01-14-2013, 04:04 AM   #238
Conrad283
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Such transformation! Looks great
Conrad283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:32 AM   #239
Knicolas
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Love the tranformations your tank went through!

I'm trying to find the right lily pipe for my Mini-L.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you started out with the Fluxus Nanos yea? You started with them on the left, then moved to the center, then to the right. How was the flow difference between the center and sides?

And then I noticed, you changed over to the poppy style. I was wondering if you're happy with this change after having the cal aquas for a while? Have you noticed any dead spots, lost in CO2, etc with the poppy?
Knicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #240
antbug
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad283 View Post
Such transformation! Looks great
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicolas View Post
Love the tranformations your tank went through!

I'm trying to find the right lily pipe for my Mini-L.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you started out with the Fluxus Nanos yea? You started with them on the left, then moved to the center, then to the right. How was the flow difference between the center and sides?

And then I noticed, you changed over to the poppy style. I was wondering if you're happy with this change after having the cal aquas for a while? Have you noticed any dead spots, lost in CO2, etc with the poppy?
The old lily pipes as well as the new are ebay lily pipes. Can't beat the price. Cal aqua's look really nice, but I have never used them.

The flow was best from either the right of the left (depending on the scape). When it was in the back/center, I had a few dead spots and co2 was hard to distribute. I would not position it in this spot again.

The poppy style lily is awesome for this tank. Keeps the oil film off the top and it doesn't blow the shrimp all around the tank. No dead spot or co2 loss with the poppy style. let me know if you have any other questions.