Demonbreedr's Journal on Various Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 09-01-2010, 05:42 AM   #1
demonbreedr16
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Demonbreedr's Journal on Various Tanks

Hey everyone! From my last post here, my life spun out of control..

Anyways, I'm on the road to recovery...

So...

Here is the now understocked 55gal:

[It has a cheapo filter now and even less fish, but I plan on getting it a Penguin 350B soon[I did!]]

This was my 5.5gal until it got tore down:

my 10gal nano-reef didn't progress much, but it's got a few nice inhabitants:

And of course my 29 got setup for him:

but it's basically empty despite the plants from the 5.5 being added[nothing in that tank is staying].

After that, I have 3 bettas:

Who live quite happily in 1gal's

& a 40gal brdr that isn't close to being photo ready[but is a fully filled, soon to be riparium]...Here's it's empty picture...haha:

My over all plan is to get a 75gal for my goldfish & some others and use the 29 for a zebra red eye puffer.[EDIT December 30th, I no longer have this plan... :P]

Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

-Kenny

Last edited by demonbreedr16; 12-30-2010 at 06:05 AM..
demonbreedr16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
demonbreedr16
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Talking I'm back!

Wow have I been gone for a while! lol

Anyways:

Here's my "oh so pretty" 55gal[it's just shiny, that's all...lol]:

Slightly algified[it's been worse...lol] 10gal:

40galBRDR:

Oops, did I post this???:

*20gL FOWLR, technically[but I want it to be a reef]...hehe

I can post more details if you want, but my tanks aren't fully stocked or any of that noise. Kinda wanna get more fish for the 55gal...but at the same time, I can wait for the 125gal...
Old 12-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
RipariumGuy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

Nice to see you back up and posting man! Nice setups. The FOWLER setup looks awesome!
Wabi-Kusa Pimp #3
RipariumGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
demonbreedr16
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks! I like the Fish Only With Live Rock, too..but not enough to get out of FW...

I'm going to be making so major purchases for it, tho. $50 for a refractometer, $100+ for an RODI system, the new light[I'd say $100], corals[$10-50 each], etc.

Luckily, I can use the RODI unit to set up the apistogramma tank so it can serve two purposes.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Lil' Swimz$
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

That's so sweet kENNY!

20g
Lil' Swimz$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #6
demonbreedr16
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks! I love my tanks!

So you know, the clownfish is Ember[despite everyone calling him Nemo] & firefish is Pyro.

My newest tank plan consists of making my 29gal a black water tank for a pair of cockatoo apistogrammas, 7 cardinal tetras, & either a queen arabesque or gold nugget [L177, I think]. That should be fun. Sucks I have to wait for the RODI unit, tho...
Old 01-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #7
demonbreedr16
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ok...soo...since my desktop computer died and left me a space on my desk, I put all 3 tanks in my room side by side[really I just moved the 20gL onto the desk...but even that was a lot of work cuz I didn't tear it down completely]:

55gal going nuts with it's stupidly low light levels:

My 10gal sucks cuz it has 3WPG, fertilizers, blah; and doesn't do much except grow algae:

20gL is doing good since I moved it:

Dwarf cerith snails have taken over[I can count around 20 at a time now[started with 11 and only saw 6 at a time, usually], so there are probably more]...coralline algae is getting a good foothold on the rock...whatever...it's a cool tank!

My plan is to soon break down the 10gal, redo it for my mom[putting it in her room and having it divided for her two crowntail bettas, Crowley & FireFox] and in it's place setting up a 15gal[24"x12"] for crystal black shrimp. Heavily planted with co2, EI, T5 light, aquasoil, and whatever else it needs...
Old 01-10-2011, 03:26 AM   #8
demonbreedr16
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Oh and I *HAVE* to add these pictures:

Probably the best I've taken of the reef animals:

Old 01-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #9
demonbreedr16
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I moved my 10gal and rescaped it:

It's only inhabitant is IceStorm, my male marble crowntail betta:

The 2 bronze cory juvies moved to the 55gal...
Old 02-04-2011, 03:56 AM   #10
demonbreedr16
Planted Tank Enthusiast

My 10gal is going crazy with plant growth[and some algae growth]...but I broke the light that's on my tank so I need to buy the new lid & bulbs...anyways:

Here's another new betta that lives in my 55gal:
Old 08-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #11
demonbreedr16
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Default So it's been a while

Things have definitely changed...so here's the update for my 6 low tech tanks[and reef]...

The 55gal:

Crashed...lost all the livebearers, my albino B/N pleco pair, & my betta - only 2 bronze cories & 1 zebra danio survived

Soo...I tried to restock it and that didn't go well...the new livebearers died quickly...basically, I give up on them....

Tore it down completely/sterilized it[bleach FTW] and put in pool filter sand & a new scape & restarted it...

Amazon sword & jungle vals are the only current plants...but the later aren't doing well[a very dark tank with 2x 15W T8 bulbs, yeah, I wonder why...lol] but the survivors from the tank crash[hygros, hornwort, crypts] all live in a divided 10gal that's temporarily holding them...

10gal x3:

Right, 3...
1 = Red Cherry Shrimp:

[[it's more grown in and will be completely consumed again before too much longer, I'm sure]]

2 = kiloVolt & Ampere:

kV

Amp

Amp's bubblenest

3 = Aero & Ion[where the plants play]:

Aero

Ion

29gal reef:

[[old picture]]

Kinda got sick of the 20gL for some reason so I upgraded it...the 20gL has it's own journal now...

5.5gal:

Found this along side the road after I kinda destroyed my other one on accident...after being cleaned and setup[new 20W bulb, heater, & whisper 3i cuz it didn't have a filter] it houses a very stupid, random impulse buy betta, Osiris[I kinda have a love hate relationship with him since he's a butterfly marbled guy[which now doesn't matter cuz Aero is an even better one...a Halfmoon-doubletail] but still a jerk...lol]:

Plans are to upgrade Ion & Aero + an eventual mustard gas betta to a 15gal[long, I guess...24"x12"] and give my 2 "random" bettas, Wendigo[who actually *HAD* Aero & Ion's tank for a while to himself for a while] & Tyrant that 10gal...

Wendigo[he's the boy that started my latest string of buying]:

Tyrant[in QT, still...yes, he's chubby...lol He's really vicious when it comes to food and I gave him some extra for actually recovering]:

Other then that, maybe a 5gal FBH for a white HM[or DbT, or DT or CT or VT, IDC, really], a 46gal bowfront for goldfish/cool water fish, a 175gal for an aggressive FOWLR, & a 90gal semi-aggressive FW community...

There are literally a million tanks I want...a small native fish community tank, a puffer/semi aggressive nano-"reef", maybe another 20gL for more bettas, tons of shrimp tanks[CBS, snowball, green, yellow, etc.], but for now, I'm gonna limit everything to what I can realistically keep... :P
Old 08-10-2011, 03:10 AM   #12
demonbreedr16
Planted Tank Enthusiast

2 small updates:

40gB after it's months of neglect[besides top offs where everything was ok] and then sudden clean up[actually, there wasn't much to clean up in the tank, but the filter was beyond bad]:

And my 29gal reef as of tonight:

Comments on any of my tanks/fish???
Old 01-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #13
demonbreedr16
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ok...this needs updating...lol

First, my 55gal now has a 108W[2x 6500k 54W bulbs] T5HO light...plants seem to be doing good, algae is staying away.

It still needs more fish and plants...but we're getting there even if slowly...

My shrimp10 and 2.5 have grown into this so far:

RCS:

Arc:

My 20gL has kinda just gone it's way with the rotala/duckweed[all gone I think! ]/java moss going nuts:

[now -- it's also become more of a storage tank for other, random animals. 2 cory fry & Vengeance a betta who needs to go in the divided tank...]

Azazel, the gold HM that lives in that tank:

And as you know, my 5.5gal in August -- it generally looks the same:

but with Lokki instead of Osiris:

My other 2 10's are plastic plants and divided for bettas so nothing really to show there. They look nice enough, but it's more for function then form. Light is a 24" 15W T8 between both of them. LOL

That's pretty much it for now...