Gilt.com anyone?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > Other Websites

Old 09-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
A Hill
Sponsor

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill

Gilt.com anyone?

So first off full disclosure, you click on my link sign up and buy something I get a $25 referral credit. I'm in college and it is nice to get these, but I'm posting about the website because I genuinely think it is a good site with generally good prices on "designer" goods.

So I came across this website Gilt.com randomly while looking at getting some good prices on clothes. It is basically ocean state job lot or the christmas tree shop of designer goods. They have brand names and more obscure "high end" designer goods be it clothing, shoes, jewlery, or random items for the home or office or something else entirely, at a fraction of their retail price. Some items are much more crazy than others, many I would never buy ever regardless of how much money I ever have, but others are good pieces of clothing at a good price. I've gotten half a dozen pairs of shorts off the site and a few shirts, I've been pretty surprised at the actual business side of things and their packaging, it is pretty interesting.

These days I'm also really interested in "designer" and "premium" goods and the price they commend with usually extremely high profit margins and why people buy them over other goods, so Gilt.com is a bit of a personal case study as well. They also have "Jetsetter" which is 5 star travel at some types of discounts sometimes, or sometimes it is just access to events one can't normally just get tickets for, like the MTV movie awards (granted it is $2500...)

Neat site, if you join from my link www.gilt.com and buy something I'll get $25 in credit to buy clothes too.

I'm really actually curious of what others think of this site and their business practice and whatnot, 24 hour sales and once it is gone it is gone for ever probably? High end items at "lower" prices? What do you think?

-Andrew

Rumford Aquatic's Tools selection. Best prices anywhere. Guaranteed! Every purchase supports me an entrepreneur studying at ASU.
A Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
fresh.salty
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

I think it sounds like they want others to do their marketing for them.
fresh.salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
|GTO|
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)

i use gilt. awesome site. the discounts are great and products they sell are top notch. the CS is good too.

I buy a lot of shirts and shoes on there as well as other random things. I got a sweet woven straw fedora that I wear fishing on there. Same hat I am wearing in my avatar.

I say it is definitely worth it to join if you like nice clothes and paying less for them.

--GTO--
|GTO| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
|GTO|
Planted Tank Obsessed

also, I have bought 3 really expensive suits on there for under $200.00 a suit which were normally $600.00+ suits That alone was worth joining

--GTO--
Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
fresh.salty
Wannabe Guru

I haven't spent $600 on clothes in the last two years combined. But then I've only worn shoes and socks for maybe three days total all summer. lol
Old 09-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #6
|GTO|
Planted Tank Obsessed

Default Gilt.com anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh.salty
I haven't spent $600 on clothes in the last two years combined. But then I've only worn shoes and socks for maybe three days total all summer. lol
Haha I hear you. If I didn't work in an office I wouldn't either. When I am home or weekends it's bare feet or flip flops only

--GTO--
Old 09-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #7
fresh.salty
Wannabe Guru

lol

I work in a shop all by myself. 90% is phone/internet/no ebay links allowed The occasional walk-in customers have learned to deal with it. Shorts and flip flops in the summer and 2 pairs of socks and 3 layered jackets in the winter. lol
Old 09-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #8
Armonious
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Too pricey for most of their products for my liking. My size is difficult to find since I'm so slim, so fit is very important to me. Usually by the time I could manage to see anything on gilt, my size is not available. It usually isn't available even when I check right away anyway. If I am going to order clothes, which happens somewhat rarely, there are other places I prefer.
Armonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #9
Diegosaenz
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

ill give it a go, will see what they have, I couldnt care less about the brands though, I like retro clothing though.