Jmowbray's Hi Tech. 72 Bowfront - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 06-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #46
jmowbray
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

Well don't get any. I had to get rid of all of them because they started fighting between the two pairs and them once one was gone between themselfs. It was bad....
jmowbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #47
diwu13
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)

WOW. I just came onto your 72 gallon bowfront. You do a great job on DIY things! That stand looks really amazing from the outside, like expertly done! And also that piece of driftwood is really nice. What did you do to treat it after digging it out? The only method I know is to boil and let it soak but that can't possibly remove the bacteria in like ponds. How far does the driftwood protrude out of the water? It was hard to tell in your pictures.

How is your tank now after you removed the angels? Updated picture?
diwu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #48
jmowbray
Wannabe Guru

Being that the wood was so large I took a powerwasher to it and washer every bit very well. I then purchsed a large bottle of H2O2 and dumped it all over. and let it sit for ~15mins. Then lightly washed it off with a hose and clean water. I wanted to to come up out of the water but the roots were hitting the light so I cut them all flush with the water line. It wound have looked real nice if I had the option to hang the light.

I'll have to post a new picture in a couple weeks. I just did a rescape so plants are small and haven't grown in. For the past 4 months it has been bare (well it looks bare). I now have cherry shrimp, 3 emerald green corys, and two otos. However, tomorrow I'm going to the LFS to get my first batch of tetras but they will be in the QT for a couple week. I'm hoping to get a school of ~30 in there so it will hopefully look like some action is happening.

Glad you like it!

Check out my EBI in my sig. I found that stump this summer while diving. I'm thinking I may get a couple next spring/summer and try to sell them.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #49
diwu13
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)

Wow you hydrogen peroxide'd the stump? After all of that washing did you soak it a couple more days? My sister is going on a vacation to the bahamas come winter and I told her to keep an eye out for driftwood. So I'm very curious as how to clean it (I will have to fight salt water too!) so it won't kill everything in my tank.

Aw, it is a shame you had to cut the branches off. Having it rise out of the tank would be very cool. From the reflections in the pictures it just looks like it cuts off. At least you know exactly where to fill the water too!
diwu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #50
jmowbray
Wannabe Guru

Well the tank is no more. It is totally disassembled and will be completely redone with new DW, fish and substrate. Look out for a new journal to pop up soon.

Tags
bowfront, sunsun