HELP!!HELP!!HELP!!HELP!! 1 gallon nano PLease reply quick!!!!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 12-01-2005, 07:51 PM   #1
D.gilly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

HELP!!HELP!!HELP!!HELP!! 1 gallon nano PLease reply quick!!!!

I have just started a one gallon nano and it is failing misrebly! the java moss is getting like a mucus?particles all over it and the cryptinite wendetiti (sp) has clear spots and is dying there where a number of times when it was exposed to 60-70 temp readings when it was first started up in the night ( i now use a small heater just at night though.) please respond quick as i have shrimp in there and they seem fine but i am worried anyways. please help me thanks for all the help!
D.gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2005, 08:12 PM   #2
random_alias
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

I may have missed some of your posts in the past so I'll ask the obvious first: Have you done a planted tank before or is this your first time?

If you've done one before then you should be able to answer these questions:

What are your water parameters, NH4, No3, GH, KH, PH, etc?

How much light are you using?

How long is your photoperiod?

Are you dosing any ferts?

Excel, Co2 or no enrichment?

Filtration of any kind?

Any info would be helpful. Really need some numbers to give you any specific help. If you are worried about the shrimp, NH4 (ammonia) would be the threat you should be concerned about.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:14 PM   #3
bpm2000
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

also be aware that newly planted crypts tend to "melt" and come back!
bpm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:31 PM   #4
D.gilly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

i am not extremely new to this plnted tank thing i have a 20 gallon planted post here but im new to nanos this thank is low tech it is one gallon has a 13 watt sprial bulb no dosing no co2 and im not shure of my water parameters as its only been up about a week . im hoping the crypts will come back and ive just put a filter on to get some water movement.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:33 PM   #5
ianiwane
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (48/100%)

mucus? Maybe BGA? If it is it is due to a lack of nitrates.
ianiwane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:01 PM   #6
FreeSpirit
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Do you have grape vine in the tank? I had that happen to a friend of mine before. If you do PULL IT NOW. Some bad wood has been going around in the hobby. When my friend pulled the wood it went away in 1 day. I wish the guy selling that wood would stop.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:16 AM   #7
smrfpwr
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpirit
Do you have grape vine in the tank? I had that happen to a friend of mine before. If you do PULL IT NOW. Some bad wood has been going around in the hobby. When my friend pulled the wood it went away in 1 day. I wish the guy selling that wood would stop.
I have seen grape vine used in a tank with no problems at all. Maybe there was some other problem with the wood.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:22 AM   #8
FreeSpirit
Algae Grower

It was THAT supplier's wood that fungus up. Grape vine is fine if it is treated right first. This piece I am talking about wasn't.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:50 AM   #9
D.gilly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

thank for the help its not bga i know that and its not grapevine yesterday the shrimp struck they infiltrated the box and while i was getting them out the pump overflowed sending a gallon of water through my room and i did what i could when every think was back under control i was looking in my tank to see how many shrimp i had 3-5 then i heared a scream one of them was crawling across my sisters floor its back now but the other one is prbbly half way to japan! im 4-5 and my tank is a mess i need some help ! thanks for the comments !!!
Old 12-04-2005, 11:11 PM   #10
D.gilly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

just for the update it could be melting but ive seen plants melt and this is just weired im down to 3 shrimp cant find the other two ,consedering dumping this tank
Old 12-05-2005, 02:47 AM   #11
aquaphish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (53/98%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpirit
I recommend boiling your wood before placing it into any tank. That will do two things get rid of the impurities that will foul the water and also if the wood is porous and full of air it will soak the wood and it will sink to the bottom and not float.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:11 AM   #12
D.gilly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

thanks for the help i always wash my drift wood havent tried boiling yet but i could give it a try unfortunetly i gave up didint want to kill the shrimp mabey ill try again in a while!