Buying Fertilizer from garden supply store or agriculture company - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fertilizers and Water Parameters

Old 04-28-2013, 02:39 AM   #31
herns
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (228/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by q8vw View Post
Finally, I've got the Mono Potassium Phosphate - MPK - 0-52-34.

I had to drive to Saudi Arabia to get the KH2PO4, Since I've tried to order from GreenLeafAquarium, AquariumFertilzer, AquaFlora Nurseries, but PayPal didn't accept my credit card because it's from Kuwait.

The trip was 1600 kilometers = 994 Miles (Total), And i bought a 25 Kilogram which is 55 lb, The price is 145 Saudi riyals = 38 U.S. dollars.

15 Hours of driving from Kuwait to Saudi Arabia (Al Riyadh) and the way back.

Now, its time to use EI Method to feed my poor stunted plants

Regards,
Wow! it reminds me of Saudi Arabia capital city, Riyadh.
I was an expat and worked there for 2-1/2 years. I can imagine how you drive that long desert trip on both side of the highways.

Does Dammam, Hail or nearby city of KSA border carry fertilizers that you have to drive all the way down Riyadh?
That's pretty far.
herns is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #32
q8vw
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herns View Post
Wow! it reminds me of Saudi Arabia capital city, Riyadh.
I was an expat and worked there for 2-1/2 years. I can imagine how you drive that long desert trip on both side of the highways.

Does Dammam, Hail or nearby city of KSA border carry fertilizers that you have to drive all the way down Riyadh?
That's pretty far.
Sorry for the late replay,

I went to dammam first trying to find the KH2PO4, but didn't get any luck at all, and i asked the local people in dammam about any agriculture companies in dammam, they told me i have to drive to riyadh, to a street called "Hai Al Salaam street", there where all the agriculture companies are.

Well it was a very long trip 16 hours of driving in the summer (Thanks God) we have all air conditioned cars.

But i might do another trip to Qatar to buy an ADA tank + Aquasoil soon :P
Old 05-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #33
epfakan

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigthor View Post
Actually no one in the US will ship KNO3 outside the US against regulations. KNO3- Potassium Nitrate can be used in explosives.
Aquariumfertilizer.com "I am willing to send potassium nitrate, the only potentially explosive or flammable product we carry, to anyone who orders it. Even internationally, as long as the international customers understand that they are responsible for explaining the purchase of potassium nitrate to their customs authorities."
epfakan is offline   Reply With Quote