Does anyone else have an Eclipse Hex5?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 10-21-2004, 10:10 PM   #1
Katrina
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Does anyone else have an Eclipse Hex5?

This is my first planted tank (and first tank since childhood), and so far I like it. It has very quickly become too small for me- I'm hooked! I don't have pics yet, but hope to soon. I'm pretty happy with it, but I would like to know what other people have in their similar tanks. I'd love to see some pictures! Here's what I have:

2 full grown zebra danios
3 juvenile zebra danios (about 1.5 cm)
1 female guppy
2 adult mystery snails, and a whole lot of newly hatched snails

Cabomba carolinia
moneywort
wisteria
Nymphaea lotus
java moss growing on rock
3 algae balls
Katrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2004, 05:51 AM   #2
Aphyosemion
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Aphyosemion
Default Eclipse

I have an eclipse 5, but not a hex, the bowfront type. It is a neat little tank, but for planting it kinda sucks. The light is in the front half and the horizontal filter is in the back half, so the light is kindof cut off, leaving the back half of the tank kinda dark. The filtration is great though for a tank that small.
In mine, I have about 2 dozen common guppies (very small) and about 4 ghost shrimp. It has baby's tears, java moss, 2 different crypts, a small sword plant from my old tank which I forgot the name of, and some java fern. I put the java fern and java moss in the back because the lighting is so poor. I am also trying out some sunset hygro back there just to see if it survives, because I heard somewhere it is nearly invincible.
This tank is still in the "experiment" stages, where I am seeing what grows in it, so it hasn't really been set up in any kind of cool arrangement yet, but I will when I find out what survives the best.
-Aphyosemion