Andrew's Mini M is done with sophomore year at ASU. Updated on last page - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 08-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #31
A Hill
Sponsor

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill

Yeah, and my roommate isn't here really, he came dropped stuff off and went back home so I have no idea what he really thinks. I told him about it and I think he thinks I'm crazy. I've got two suite mates as well and they're cool with it. I'm a bit afraid it'll get broken so I bought insurance.

-Andrew

Rumford Aquatic's Tools selection. Best prices anywhere. Guaranteed! Every purchase supports me an entrepreneur studying at ASU.
A Hill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2010, 07:48 PM   #32
Francis Xavier
Planted Tank Jedi

PTrader: (24/100%)

Shoulda totally bought from ADG. No Sales tax when bought from another state
Francis Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #33
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)

I just mention something regarding aquariums that they don't understand and they think I'm crazy or something like that. Speaking of college, I just said goodbye to my sister less than 5 minutes ago and I am on TPT...I need a life...

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Da Plant Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #34
bsk
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)

how about this for your co2 setup

+

All you need is a CO2-regulator-to-Paintball-tank-Adapter

its a 3.5oz paintball tank so its less than 6 inches tall. I just ordered this setup myself. It doesn't take up much space, its cheaper to fill and the brushed/polished aluminum gives it a high end look.
bsk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2010, 05:12 AM   #35
A Hill
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Xavier View Post
Shoulda totally bought from ADG. No Sales tax when bought from another state
True true, but building a connection to the local store is essential as well. So the difference was the investment in that relationship. With that in mind, I need to get SS filter pipes so IDK who will get my order ADG AFA or Aqua Touch maybe I'll start a bidding war. Oh, and aquatouch is a sponsor here as well (ADG is too, I know) but thats pretty cool too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caton View Post
I just mention something regarding aquariums that they don't understand and they think I'm crazy or something like that. Speaking of college, I just said goodbye to my sister less than 5 minutes ago and I am on TPT...I need a life...
I'm in the Barrett dorms, which is the honors college at ASU and a LOT of people actually know a thing or two about aquariums... not as much as me, but I've been surprised. A ton of others want them or have them already. TPT is a good place to be online, and unfortunately haven't been able to get on because of all the school stuff, so I wouldn't worry too much about needing a life, eventually you'll be the opposite and want more time to get online!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsk View Post
how about this for your co2 setup
[IMG]http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pHosting/t/2272_35-oz-tank-w-valve-silverla.jpg[/IM]
+
[IMG]http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pHosting/t/2273_Azooa.jpg[/IM]

All you need is a CO2-regulator-to-Paintball-tank-Adapter

its a 3.5oz paintball tank so its less than 6 inches tall. I just ordered this setup myself. It doesn't take up much space, its cheaper to fill and the brushed/polished aluminum gives it a high end look.
Thats an interesting idea. I haven't decided what I'm going to use, everything has it's pros and cons.

To the tank...

It has been unboxed, cleaned off, the light is shining over the tank right now. I've got my DW and right now about an inch of water with some Japanese HG doing almost a dry start method, but I don't have any syran wrap so it is kinda high water. In a week or two I'll have CO2 figured out and filtration set up. Everyone on my floor wants to know when it'll have fish, dunno if I'll rush it a bit.

Time is scarce right now, but I've got pictures I need to upload. A good amount of them. I actually started this reply last night and am just getting back to finish it now so if I didn't reply to you, it isn't personal

-Andrew

Rumford Aquatic's Tools selection. Best prices anywhere. Guaranteed! Every purchase supports me an entrepreneur studying at ASU.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:23 AM   #36
CL
C-A-T-S

PTrader: (79/100%)

What's the deal with not having any pictures?
Old 08-19-2010, 06:39 AM   #37
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)

Ditto.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Da Plant Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #38
A Hill
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL View Post
What's the deal with not having any pictures?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caton View Post
Ditto.

Because this is not the photo album I quote the description of this subforum directly

Quote:
A little short on cash? Discuss any of the problems related to smaller tanks.
Right now I've just got problems, I'm short on cash for sure too.

Just kidding, in all seriousness I just haven't had time. I've got a bunch of them on my camera and now with classes started I've actually got some downtime and a routine started so I'm going to start uploading them now and by tonight I'll have them up. (hopefully)

-Andrew

Old 08-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #39
Armonious
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Just wondering what you decided to go with for your CO2 setup?

I'll be moving into my dorm exactly 1 month from today and am still figuring out what I want to do with CO2. I'm going to run a 10g. Right now I'm leaning towards just going with a 5lb cylinder.
Armonious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #40
Centromochlus
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (117/100%)

That's cool that some of your neighbors are semi-interested in your tank.
And buying insurance was probably a good idea.. LOL.

Centromochlus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #41
A Hill
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armonious View Post
Just wondering what you decided to go with for your CO2 setup?

I'll be moving into my dorm exactly 1 month from today and am still figuring out what I want to do with CO2. I'm going to run a 10g. Right now I'm leaning towards just going with a 5lb cylinder.
I'm still debating to be brutally honest. Right now I am just focusing on size of my cylinder. I'm in AZ and if something happens there can be a pretty rapid temperature change in my dorm room which is kept around 65F-69F to possibly 100+ so I'm thinking even though it is more expensive to go with small disposable cartridges there is less of an issue if something happens unless it straight out explodes, which is a bit less likely... So right now I'm thinking one of the small systems or a 2.5# tank, but I haven't decided. It is between a small paintball tank with a nice regulator, the ADA system, and a few more custom things that I'm not really comfortable having around other people in my dorm if it fails. With that said I know I'm talking about a VERY VERY VERY low statistical chance of this happening but the building next door has had issues with power and airconditioning and if it to happen to ours there could be a problem.

Either way I need to get on top of that. I had a seller for an ADA co2 system at half off but when my summer went crazy I wasn't able to email him back and whatnot.

Unfortunately this reply was also started 24 hrs ago or so. I'll get pictures up next week. Yahoo has changed the flikr settings or something so I need to figure that out. Until then, here is a teaser.

-Andrew
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01579.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	23035  

Old 08-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #42
Francis Xavier
Planted Tank Jedi

The light is backwards! I did the same thing when I put up my Solar Mini for the first time.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #43
A Hill
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Xavier View Post
The light is backwards! I did the same thing when I put up my Solar Mini for the first time.
It is on purpose The aesthetics are much better that way for how I'm setting the tank up at the moment. I'm going to put the filter pipes on that side as well and all of that goes right off the side down to the floor, and now no one can really see the switch.

Really random question you may know the answer to. Did ADA change the logo a bit?

More pictures monday probably, right now the mold is starting on the DW and it isn't pretty.

-Andrew

Old 08-20-2010, 05:48 PM   #44
Francis Xavier
Planted Tank Jedi

The actual logo is the same since eons ago from as far as I can tell, maybe small modifications made. But the way the logo displays on tanks vs. lights vs. accessories, et cetera is tweaked with color/embedding, etc.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:39 AM   #45
Armonious
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

You wouldn't expect any problems with having the CO2 setup in your room though, would you? That was one thing I'm worried about. I mean, as long as you are responsible, there should be no reason to worry about it in my mind. I just hope that my RA or whoever sees it the same way. I may end up putting a lock on my cabinet once I build it so that other people can't get into it.

Lastly, I searched for your username in order to find this thread. We have a strange amount of similarities. For one, my name is also Andrew, and I'm an eagle scout as well. There are probably other eerie commonalities as well, but I haven't really read much of what you've posted, since I'm so new here.
Armonious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
a hill, ada, mini m

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.