Andrew's Mini M is done with sophomore year at ASU. Updated on last page - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 06-22-2010, 06:27 AM   #16
OverStocked
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (76/94%)

465 for that? bleh. Looks like painted versions of the 70s office furniture in my station...

Again, the leland reg will look just like the ada speed reg, minus the ada logo. I think it looks great and is a much nicer reg than the ada advance.
OverStocked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #17
A Hill
Sponsor

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffvmd View Post
that would look nice if you have a japanese style room with tatami mats and all furniture are low.
But I think that'll look good on top of a pedestal too.
It would look awesome. I'm not sure what this will be on, it may have a stand or it may be on a desk or dresser, I'll figure that part out when I arrive at ASU. This aspect makes it a bit more interesting to plan for, because I don't know what I'll have for room to hide stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by over_stocked View Post
465 for that? bleh. Looks like painted versions of the 70s office furniture in my station...

Again, the leland reg will look just like the ada speed reg, minus the ada logo. I think it looks great and is a much nicer reg than the ada advance.
Oh, tell me about it, the prices on the Guilt Group designer products fascinates me. Why? because they claim people actually buy those products, "on sale", which means that some people even buy the products at full price! It is amazing to me! With that said I do like the design of the old rough recycled wood and edgy iron. I may make a stand like that, If I make a stand.

You people and the LeLand reg... If I have too much trouble with the ADA one I'll upgrade, right now I'm getting the ADA one for less than the leland one since I'm buying it used. I am going to look into the LeLand more though, don't worry

-Andrew

Rumford Aquatic's Tools selection. Best prices anywhere. Guaranteed! Every purchase supports me an entrepreneur studying at ASU.
A Hill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #18
CL
C-A-T-S

PTrader: (79/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Hill View Post
Oh, tell me about it, the prices on the Guilt Group designer products fascinates me.
You forgot the e on Groupe
Do you really have to be a member to see their products, or is their site too user unfirendly for me to figure out? Plus I saw Adrew 203 or something like that in the url, so I figured that was linked through your account.

On a related note,
Do keep us updated!
Old 06-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #19
A Hill
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL View Post
You forgot the e on Groupe
Do you really have to be a member to see their products, or is their site too user unfirendly for me to figure out? Plus I saw Adrew 203 or something like that in the url, so I figured that was linked through your account.

On a related note,
Do keep us updated!
You have to make a username, it is just how it works for some reason. Not really exclusive these days like it was when they first started. If anyone clicks my links and buys something I receive a $25 credit for the site.

They do have some things that are priced a bit better, especially shoes.

I sure will, it'll be here before I know it. First I must travel a bit over the summer though.
-Andrew

Rumford Aquatic's Tools selection. Best prices anywhere. Guaranteed! Every purchase supports me an entrepreneur studying at ASU.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:22 AM   #20
JamesReef
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Andrew I can only echo what Frank is saying, ADA is the way to go. I have zilch, zero, nada experience with CO2. I am sitting here with this ADA Avanced System I just purchased from ADG and it was worth every penny and more. It is not large and bulky, it would work perfect for you. It's also heavy and the construction is superb.

I really feel like this was the only solution for me. Everything I need is there and it is something that will last me for years. It's also something I can proudly display alongside my tank, yes it's that sexy!
JamesReef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 04:02 AM   #21
A Hill
Sponsor

So I figure I should update this. I made the terrible mistake today of calling up Aqua Touch and purchasing a Mini M and Mini Solar M or whatever the light is called. I'm probably going to pick it up this weekend as I move into my new dorm at ASU. I'll also pick up some Aquasoil and stuff. I need to get some things for my filter and figure out what I'm going to do with the tank semester 1.

On an unrelated note, this summer has been turbulent to say the least and I have just been surviving, never got anything productive done. Hopefully that will soon change and I'll be around more, but I'm alive and figured I should pop in and say hi!

To the future! And potential Algae woes! And CO2 deliberation! And to Scaping!
-Andrew

Old 08-13-2010, 04:35 AM   #22
mightyoak
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (28/100%)

Go Sun Devils!
mightyoak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 03:15 AM   #23
A Hill
Sponsor

Today after a couple hours of travelling I was in AZ and then picked up the Mini M and Solar Mini. I also bought some Aquasoil and a great little piece of ADA "Branch Wood" looks similar to grapevine or burlwood or something.

I still need to get everything for my filtration (media, tubing, filter pipes, filter clips etc) and figure out what I'm going to do for CO2.

Flora I'm thinking japanese HG, some moss, a few red stems, and a bit of java fern or bolbitus. If I go with Java fern I'll use trident or narrow/needle. It'll all make sense when you see the DW.

Fauna, if any might be RCS, 3 pigmy cory cats, and maybe a dario dario or two.

So yeah, I'm moving into my dorm tomorrow so maybe some pictures will be up eventually. AquaTouch is a great store, I paid a little bit extra for the tank and light but it is probably comparable to the price once shipped, and I could just pick it up.

-Andrew

Old 08-14-2010, 03:20 AM   #24
Centromochlus
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (117/100%)
Default The planning begins, A Hill's Nano at ASU

Welcome to the desert! Did moving go as planned? Wish I could have been there to help you. I get back Sunday at noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centromochlus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 04:13 AM   #25
CL
C-A-T-S

PTrader: (79/100%)

Ahh. Move in day. Something I will not be experiencing this year haha. At least I get to keep all of my tanks staying at home. Commute will be no fun. Social life will be minimal. Ugh.

Hurry up and post some pics.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:57 AM   #26
Dr. Acula
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)

I'd like to see some pictures. I move in next Saturday, and of course am taking a tank too. I've got a lot less money invested in my setup though, so you'll excuse me if I live a bit more extravagantly through you.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #27
jms
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

If you have any Q's about tempe, I live about 10 mins from Campus. A lot of my friends go to ASU so even Q's about the campus itself I may be able to get answers for.
jms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #28
A Hill
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzFishKid View Post
Welcome to the desert! Did moving go as planned? Wish I could have been there to help you. I get back Sunday at noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, it is a bit chilly here it was 110F yesterday and something like 111-113 as today's high I move in at 12-1 sometime around there. As far as getting down here, everything has gone as planned. When I got here we got to the hotel then went up to AT and got the tank and stuff then went to Downtown Scottsdale and had dinner at tequila and Tacos or something like that, great food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL View Post
Ahh. Move in day. Something I will not be experiencing this year haha. At least I get to keep all of my tanks staying at home. Commute will be no fun. Social life will be minimal. Ugh.

Hurry up and post some pics.
But you do get to keep all of your tanks, don't have to rely on a younger brother and dad to maintain your stuff at home (granted they're good, I'm not complaining) and you're saving a boatload of money. Not to mention you didn't have to go through packing up all your belongings you'll need into a duffle bag or two and fly a long way. If you want, you could transfer to ASU and join me though, just to experience these wonders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Acula View Post
I'd like to see some pictures. I move in next Saturday, and of course am taking a tank too. I've got a lot less money invested in my setup though, so you'll excuse me if I live a bit more extravagantly through you.
I've got a couple but I'll post them later this week probably with even more. Where are you off to for school? As for the cost invested in the setup, I never have bought an aquarium before this year... I've never spent much on the actual setups. Granted, my rack at home I bought eight 10 gallons, but thats different. I ended up just using some graduation money. I figure its time that I go all out for once since I'm not going anywhere away from the hobby for sure. You are welcome to live extravagantly through me. I'm a bit terrified that something is going to break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms View Post
If you have any Q's about tempe, I live about 10 mins from Campus. A lot of my friends go to ASU so even Q's about the campus itself I may be able to get answers for.
Thanks, it's a great area for sure.
-Andrew

Old 08-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #29
kingfisherfleshy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Have fun...Im staying home for the second year because I could never say goodbye to my reefs and my planted. Not to mention saving money and hunting.

Excited to see pictures!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:38 AM   #30
Dr. Acula
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Hill View Post
I've got a couple but I'll post them later this week probably with even more. Where are you off to for school? As for the cost invested in the setup, I never have bought an aquarium before this year... I've never spent much on the actual setups. Granted, my rack at home I bought eight 10 gallons, but thats different. I ended up just using some graduation money. I figure its time that I go all out for once since I'm not going anywhere away from the hobby for sure. You are welcome to live extravagantly through me. I'm a bit terrified that something is going to break.

-Andrew
Since you asked, I'll be going to Virginia Tech for engineering. And on the off chance that anybody is curious, don't even worry about what a hokie is.

But I get what you mean about splurging on this tank. It's pretty much the logic I used to convince myself to spend all the money I did on my 29g. And most of the expensive parts of a setup do last quite a while, so the cost over the life of CO2, tank, etc. is pretty small. We all find reasons to spend money in this hobby.

Just curious, how does your roommate feel about the tank, if you've got one?

Tags
a hill, ada, mini m

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.