Battling BBA using metricide: day by day journal - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Algae

Old 08-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #31
barbarossa4122
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuvix72 View Post
Can I have your "old" bio media? Seriously, my Substrat Pro is over 10 years old and looks as good as the day I bought it... I rinse it in tank water once or twice a year...

I would certainly keep an eye on ammonia and nitrite and perform water changes as needed based on these two levels, or daily if you don't feel like testing... In the future, only replace the fine pads that loose consistency, everything else can be rinsed and re-used, but never all at once as already mentioned.

Hope that helps
Giancarlo Podio
Hi,

Sorry but, I trew the old media out like an idiot. I did 100% wc today. I'll test again tomorrow.
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #32
born2lovefish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (40/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2lovefish View Post
I am about 3-4 weeks in with using Metricide 14 to treat BBA. I use 20-25ml every night after the lights go out on my 75 gallon. Most of the BBA is gone with the remaining dying off. I just wish I would have found out about Metricide sooner. Will be interesting to follow this.
BBA has been gone in my tank for a couple months now. Metricide did the trick in conjunction with 30-40% water changes every two weeks. I also upgraded my co2 regulator and have a better needle valve now. I will say that some plants do not like Metricide and will melt if they come in direct contact with it. I also had some plants melt when I overdosed Metricide a couple times. Metricide seemed to work for some hair algae in another tank too.
born2lovefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #33
etgregoire
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

I found this old thread via Google. Does anyone have the information from the blog site - it's not longer live.

Perhaps all I need is 20-25ml per night?

How does this affect moss?
etgregoire is offline   Reply With Quote