Anyone in Sac area ever go to Aqua Workz or Aquarium Depot? - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > California

Old 10-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #31
DANIELSON
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)

Ya Sac is a 3 hour drive for me and i go to jojo's for most of my planted/tank supplies. I love that place too. I brought 2 of my buddies last time and they spent like 100 bucks a piece there and on the way they said im not spending anything LOL.
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2010, 01:45 AM   #32
Herbicidal
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noukhay1 View Post
anyone been to aqua works lately? is it even worth going? im into freshwater shrimps and plants
Yup! We went the weekend before last. Since you're in Sac (I'm in Roseville), it shouldn't be too far for you. They have several tanks with plants and sometimes shrimp too. I thinks it's worth a drop-in.
155 gallon (low tech) planted (not at the moment, after removing the Eco-Complete) Discus aquarium with 3D AquaTerra background, started in July 2010. EcoComplete substrate is now gone, replaced with sand, Rena XP3 and XP4 for filtration, Catalina 35" T5HO retrofit - 2x39 watt (two units) mounted in overhead canopy. Link to my journal for the 155.
Herbicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:50 AM   #33
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

PTrader: (135/100%)

I was there last Sunday late afternoon nothing really interested me. Just went to go see what new stuff they had.

I also went to JoJo Aquarium because I remember seeing a pot of HC cuba for sale. It was already gone when I got there from going to Aquaworkz first.. Who bought the last HC Cuba plant! Now I have to wait longer to plant my new tank! I'd be interested in some HC cuba if anyone locally has some! I got Crystal shrimp S + for trades! Or we can always race for it. Instead of race for pinks, let's race for HC Cuba!

Jaggedfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:32 AM   #34
Aubzilla
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (12/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Aubzilla

Anyone been to Geyser Pets in Yuba City? I'm currently located at Beale Air Force Base and I think it's the closest "mom and pop" style store.
Anything else in the Yuba/Marysville/Las Plumas area besides PetSmart and PetCo?
Aubzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #35
Joe.1
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)

Every time I go to JoJo's, I always find something to buy. Can't wait to see their new expansion.
Joe.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:39 AM   #36
ramsx22

this past weekend i visited exotic, aquaworkz and jojos. wasnt really impressed with exotic and aquaworkz but at jojos i found a lot more plant stuff there compared to the other stores. they actually carry ADA products which was shocking because no stores in sacramento carry it. i was looking for cardinal tetras but they didnt have them. one of the workers told me too check back in later on this week because they get weekly shipments. definitely jojos is going to be one of my usual stops from now on.
ramsx22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:13 AM   #37
Herbicidal
Planted Member

Smile

I hit those same three this past weekend too! We're on a first name basis with Andy and Mike at Jojo's. Andy was explaining to us about how they are going to move the row of tanks that currently house Discus, to the new room and that the entire bottom row of tanks will be for plants!

They are all very nice people and I am happy to see an expansion of their store. I truly hope it pays off for them.
155 gallon (low tech) planted (not at the moment, after removing the Eco-Complete) Discus aquarium with 3D AquaTerra background, started in July 2010. EcoComplete substrate is now gone, replaced with sand, Rena XP3 and XP4 for filtration, Catalina 35" T5HO retrofit - 2x39 watt (two units) mounted in overhead canopy. Link to my journal for the 155.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #38
efface
Planted Tank Obsessed

went to jojo this past weekend and they were pretty helpful. only thing I didn't like was that each person there seemed to have a speciality so I had to talk to 3 different people to get all the info I needed. other than that I ended up spending 230 there and i plan on spending another 180 this weekend. so they must be doing something right :P
efface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:03 AM   #39
bruc3_l33
Algae Grower

I love Jo Jos, cant wait for there new expansion
bruc3_l33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #40
Herbicidal
Planted Member

Default Jojo's expansion is open in Sacramento!

Jojo's expansion is now OPEN!!! We went there yesterday and I came home with 3 new Discus! The entire addition is open now, but not quite fully populated with fish. Their new plant area is still a work in progress, but is coming along nicely! My wife and I each bought some Amazon sword's. They have plans for tank(s) with CO2 and displaying/selling plants for low, medium and high light tanks. They just received a new shipment of Discus and they run the entire upper level of one side! They are getting more supplies soon along with a display for a bunch of ADA stuff too. Stop by when you get a chance!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #41
boon
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

Thats good to know. I usually stop by there every time I go to Exotics. Last time I was there I finally saw a Zebro Pleco. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! but $399.99 USD.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #42
Jaggedfury
Twin Turbo Lexus SC300

PTrader: (135/100%)

O St Aquarium in Downtown Sac have Crystal Red/Crystal Black shrimp for 5.99! They look like S grade to me. Only a few left, I only looked did not purchase. They also have Orange shrimps!

They also have two Seahorse that looks pretty amazing! It's Black in color and is about 2.5 inches long. It's on the front counter. I thought that was pretty cool to see. Haven't seen a Seahorse in person before.

I went to JoJo last week and had them pre-order me some ADA Iron Bottom. This stuff rocks! I noticed alot more greener plants due to using the ADA Iron sticks! Took advantage of their ADA vendor products without having to pay for the high shipping rates!

If you need anything from ADA, they can get it for you without the cost of the shipping!

Jaggedfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:10 AM   #43
Aubzilla
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (12/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Aubzilla

I stopped in on a few of the Sac stores on MLK day(husband was at the go-kart track lol). I will definitely be spending money at Jojo's! They had a series/brand of desktop tanks that all look really great and priced awesome, I wish I could have remembered the company name. They went from maybe a gallon up to around 12 or so. I'll probably be stopping back to pick one up in a few weeks.
Aubzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #44
boon
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

I just got back from Sacramento after doing a little bit of shopping, Man Jojo expansion is sweet. They added a bunch of ADA stuff since I was last there. They had a 60P and a Mini M i think. They also carry ADA AS, Power Sand, etc. They also have a crap load of Do Aqua! stuff/tank. They're getting better at their freshwater selection too. Some of the fish IMO is kinda overpriced. Their Dario Dario were going for 8.99 a pop while Exotic has there for 2.99 a pop. Just a heads up for some local folks.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #45
Alaizabelle
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (18/100%)
Location: In a little town in the central valley of California!

Someday I'm going to have to head up to Sacramento to check out these places...
They sound AMAZING!! O_O
Alaizabelle is offline   Reply With Quote