where to get supplies locally ?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Hawaii

Old 07-25-2009, 03:47 AM   #1
Dus10o

PTrader: (0/0%)

where to get supplies locally ?

Hello, I am going to create my first planted tank, and have done some reading online, but I am wondering where do you get your supplies locally ? I am in hilo on the big island, and haven't come across any aquatic plants or substrate in the local pet shops. The idea of shipping the plants from the mainland, doesn't sound ideal. I am Wanting to build a low light set up in a 10 gallon tank for now, with plans to upgrade to something bigger, as we have two juvenile south American puffers in this tank now. Great to see some Hawaii people on here

Thanks
Dus10o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
S&KGray
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

Aquascapes on Oahu, in the Aiea Town Square

Best place for planted tank stuff.

(808)487-0077
EPC #329 - VPC #59
Marina Style20
20L - P. axelrodi, C. macracanthus, H. ocellifer, T. albonubes "gold", Stiphodon sp. gobies, Sailfin mollies
16BF - T. albonubes "gold", A. dolichopterus, Ps. gertrudae "Aru II"
S&KGray is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2009, 06:11 AM   #3
RianS
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

if you can't make it to aquascapes since your from the big island try out adgshop for anything ADA.
i used aquariumplants several times for plants a milwaukee regulator and a 20# co2 tank. i suggest not ship plants by itself from then due to the cost but instead add it with your order of equipment and ship 2nd day.
What about Spets?
RianS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
Envybianchi
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Can't help you since you're on Hilo but if you're ever on Oahu, my favorite store in Honolulu is http://www.modernpetcenter.com/. I realize the post is old but hopefully you've found a nice local place like I have.
Envybianchi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.