My first ever planted tank. 35gal office tank!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 03-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
drewfish
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

My first ever planted tank. 35gal office tank!

In December our office decided to put an aquarium in the waiting room. Needless to say, nobody really knew what they were doing. I work 12hr nights and have a ton of spare time so figured I would take over as I've always wanted to do a freshwater tank. Any criticisms and positive feedback would be great!!! Also unsure of some plants as I got them free on craigslist and they guys didn't know.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/yo...o=view&id=3343

Tank: 35gal (30"x22"x12")

Light: Aqueon Coralife 30" T5 Freshwater Dual Lamp

Filtration: Marineland 250 Magnum HOB Canister Filter (going to change out for aquaclear 70) Also have another HOB with media out and put a filter sock with peatmoss in it for ph control

Parameters as of 3/3/12:Temp 80F, ph 7.2, ammonia and nitrites 0, nitrates 10pp, gh/kh 57/3

Fish: 2x Bolivian Ram, 11x Rummy nose tetra, 4x Panda Cory, 1x twig catfish
am going to get 2x Angel fish and 2-3 more panda cats and maybe trade out twig cat for bristle nose pleco.

Plants and Aquascape: Not sure so help me out. Swords in the back for sure. Rock is petrified wood and got the piece of wood from maxima308 and think it looks great!!!

Substrate: Pool filter sand with flourish tabs in sand and suplement with Flourish Excel

Water Changes: 30 Percent 2x a week.

CO2: ON THE WAY Hagen Nutrafin CO2 Natural Plant System with CO2 Activator and Stabilizer

Hope pics work as I've never done this before and if not here is my profile link again and there are more pics there as well. http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/yo...o=view&id=3343

Anything good or bad here is welcome and water is a little cloudy as sand still settling and squeezed some peat in there. Also thanks for looking
Attached Images

Last edited by drewfish; 03-05-2012 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: add to post something i forgot
drewfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement