S3Fs 10 gallons x 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 02-11-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
shane3fan
Master algae cultivator

PTrader: (14/100%)

S3Fs 10 gallons x 2

This is a journal for my ten gallon tanks. These will be turned into one tank in a while--one of them is just temporary-the other is just growing plants and keeping my kribensis alive.

Eventually I will condense to one of these tanks with some Celestial Pearl Danios or something similar.

10 gallon standard aquariums, HOB filters one has T8 lighting and the other has 2x 15w CFL 6700k spirals.

First picture is from Thanksgiving of 09, the others are from tonight 2-10-2010

shane3fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #2
Centromochlus
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (116/100%)

Very nice.

But take out that pink gravel! It's so distracting. It took me a while to realize how healthy your plants look because my eyes kept going back and forth between gravel and the plants.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
shane3fan
Master algae cultivator

LOL--yeah, that will be gone eventually. The black gravel tank will be the only one remaining of these two once the 50 gallon gets setup. Actually, Im cosidering getting a 15g high ( 20 1/4 x 10 1/2 x 18 3/4 ) or a 20g xtra high ( 20 1/4 x 10 1/2 x 23 3/4 ) to go on the 10 gallon stand I have---OR I have a 20 gallon high ( 24 1/4 x 12 1/2 x 16 3/4 ) that I might set up. Either way, the pink, red and black gravel mix will be tossed in the garbage and replaced with solid black or natural colored gravel.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
shane3fan
Master algae cultivator

Tanks havent changed as far as layout. I did add 5 White Clouds and 2 Otos to the vacant tank 2.18.10. One White Cloud and one Oto didnt make it past the first 24 hours. The second Oto appears to have a slight case of Dropsy so Im not sure he/she is going to make it. Fingers crossed. The four remaining White Clouds seem to be doing great, I enjoy watching them swim around in the tank and I may stock my 50 gallon with a bunch of them. I think they are an underappreciated species. Very pretty fish with cool activity. Mine swim all over the place--top bottom and middle of the tank. At night they camp out in my Blyxa.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:31 AM   #5
shane3fan
Master algae cultivator

Almost 3 months later;

After reading someones comments about hacking all the leaves off of Anubias, I tried it. They are growing back, but slowly.

I dont understand this tank. Everything grows well in it and the critters seem happy. BUT, this is the tank that I had 7 Cardinal tetras, 5 Amano shrimp and 4 Tiger Nerites and 2 Assassin snails die in for no apparent reason. However, a group of WCMMs did great, as have the Rasboras that are in there currently. I mainly use this as a glorified QT tank. Also, it is home to a bazillion tiny ramshorn snails. I dont know why the other inverts croaked. ?

I have some VERY poorly dispersed CO2 in this tank ( air stone stuffed inside the HOB filter. But, the plants seem to be happy enough--Ive tossed out a large hunk of Blyxa like the one in the RF corner as well as about 3 times that amount of Watersprite. I was amazed at how thick the roots of the Watersprite became after adding CO2 to the tank.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
shane3fan
Master algae cultivator

That bad huh? Any suggestions on improvement? Im hoping to eventually cover the Mopani in Anubias--it just grows so slow ( even with CO2 Im only getting 2 or 3 leaves a week per plant. )

Any ideas why Ive lost all inverts other than the ramshorns and pond snails?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.