4 Wheeler hell
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 03-07-2003, 11:07 PM   #1
JimmyD
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to JimmyD Send a message via MSN to JimmyD

I'll try to make this brief, but I need advice. I live in a nice quiet neighborhood, ........that is until my next door neighbors moved in. The guy rented a little bulldozer and went to town with a chainsaw, cutting trees and moving earth, I thought he was putting in a pool. Then Christmas came. He and his wife are in second marriages and there are anywhere from 8 to 13 kids involved. (Ages 6-15) Can't be sure how many really. They gave the kids THREE four wheelers for Christmas and daddy wasn't building a pool, but a four wheeler race track that encircles their property. 3 kids at a time are ROARING around the yard. They get tired and three more come out. It goes until well after dark. Apparently, as long as they do it from 7am until 11pm it is not against the law. The police are happy if they can just keep these unsupervised kids off the roads. The sound is so loud in my house! I have a 3 year old daughter that has been woken up. I can't hear the TV. Probablyt stressing my fish too! What would you do???? My ideas are illegal and involve sugar and sand. :evil:
JimmyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2003, 12:15 AM   #2
Buck
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (3/100%)

OUCH :shock:

Thats a tuff one Jim...
I myself am a dirtbiker but a very gracious one...
I would not subject neighbors to that kind of punishment... thats why mother nature made "woods"....

Heres my thoughts... :roll:
Normally people are only tolerant to noise that "they" create.... you just need to find the noise that "they" aint creating that makes them crazy.... :lol:

For Example ;

1) Very Loud "bad music" (nothing they want to hear... )
2) Repetitive Car Horn ( for no reason and staring at house while beeping )
3)My favorite A "bigger, louder" bike in your yard... may I suggest a " Honda CR250/custom exhaust) 8) Very fun
4) Chainsaw ... dont need to be cutting wood, just revving at their dinner time

I have a few more if you need ideas....

Good Luck.... ya gonna need it
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2003, 12:44 AM   #3
m.lemay
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Man, am I glad I'm not in your shoes. I'd already be in jail awiaiting trial on murder charges. Whew :twisted:
FILSTAR Pimp #2

75 gal heavily planted,50/50 Black beauty,Eco-complete substrate, Pressurised CO2 with solenoid, ph controller, AB Reactor 1000, 330 watts 9325K GE PC lighting,Ehiem Liquidoser, 2-Filstar xp3 canisters.
m.lemay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2003, 01:16 AM   #4
JimmyD
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to JimmyD Send a message via MSN to JimmyD

heheh....maybe some Barry Manilow from my deck speakers?? Funny. They have a lot of people pissed besides me. Hopefully something will give, can I check plantedtank from prison?????
JimmyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2003, 01:22 AM   #5
m.lemay
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

I'm thinking, LYNCH MOB :twisted: with Barry Manilow as the war song! :evil:
FILSTAR Pimp #2

75 gal heavily planted,50/50 Black beauty,Eco-complete substrate, Pressurised CO2 with solenoid, ph controller, AB Reactor 1000, 330 watts 9325K GE PC lighting,Ehiem Liquidoser, 2-Filstar xp3 canisters.
m.lemay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2003, 03:04 PM   #6
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)

Forget Manilow! We had some downstairs neighbors a few years back that used to start up their radio 7:30am on Sunday mornings. We would flip the speakers to the floor and play the following:
1. The KLF- Doctorin' the Tardis- Very Annoying!! Gary Glitter's
Rock and Roll Part 2 meets Dr. Who (get it on Kazza!)
2. A sound effects CD- We played trains, storms and, (this won't work for
you) A 90cc Vespa scooter.
3. ABBA- Waterloo- can you be more obnoxious!
Take it form an expert, after several hours of this anyone will cease and desist!
Everyone here is light years ahead of me in planted tank know how, but when it comes to annoying....
Mike
Momotaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2003, 11:20 AM   #7
Rickster
Algae Grower

Anything by Kenny G. If that doesn't do it nothing will :P . If the other neighbors are as annoyed as you are maybe send a letter with everyones sig. That will let them know they are getting on everyone's nerves. Let the know how their actions are impacting you. Then maybe a compromise can be reached. Good luck
Rickster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2003, 12:58 PM   #8
shadowcat_7
Algae Grower

Send a message via MSN to shadowcat_7 Send a message via Yahoo to shadowcat_7

bad neighbors are always a fear in military housing. First off are the younger kids on these unsupervized? Some states have laws about age limits and helmets. The letter is a good idea check zonig as well. there are a lot of legal nooses that are just waiting for a throat. It could even be something on rec vechiles. Have you talked with the parents? sometimes this is the best first step. All else fails I know a few nasty things involoving condoms and bleach! very bad mix in a gas tank. Dangerous!!!!!
shadowcat_7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2003, 01:53 PM   #9
GulfCoastAquarian
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to GulfCoastAquarian Send a message via Yahoo to GulfCoastAquarian

Why not politely ask them to install quit mufflers on the machines? They probably have a cheap off road muffler on there that gives them more power but is far too loud. If it is the factory muffler (Highly unlikely as they are rarely that loud) then ask them to look into some quieter mufflers. It won't be silent, but at least won't be so loud as to completely distrupt your life.

Just do it in a nice way. Walk up and express some interest in the machines. Ask them what kind they are. How fast can they go. Pretend to be interested in them. Just think, if it is his hobby, he isn't going to give it up. If somehow, your planted tank was disrupting him and he asked you to just get rid of it, or threw a gallon of chlorine in your tank, how pissed would you be?
My car has a very loud off road exhaust but I am very careful as I leave and enter my subdivision. There's nothing worse than neighbors that hate your guts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.