Fish club in Hudson Valley, NY? - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 12-21-2004, 08:33 PM   #31
littleslicknick
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Well, I got one response about the meeting. Is there anyone else interested in meeting to work to build a club base? We are going ot meet January 16, 2005 at 1 o'clockish. The only thing that hasn't been determined is where. I don't mind driving so if anyone has a suggestion of a place that would be preferable to them let me know. Otherwise, we will probably do it here in Albany/Colonie. Hope to hear from some people.
-Nick
littleslicknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2004, 02:20 AM   #32
melbourne
Algae Grower

PTrader: (8/100%)

Hi,

Albany is too far north for me. There is a hudson valley reef club, www.hvreef.org, they usually get a few dozen people at the meetings. There are probably folks there that do planted also and they are closer to Albany, most meetings have been in the Poughkeepsie area. You can email one of the members there to see if they can spread the word on a planted tank club.

-Mike
melbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 01:14 PM   #33
ksand
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Once you get above Westchester/Rockland the density of planted-tank enthusiasts gets pretty thin

I'm game for a get-together, you just name the place.
ksand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 05:21 PM   #34
littleslicknick
Algae Grower

I can't seem to get any addresses of the HVRC site. So unless anybody else can to help me out, this is all I got. I also mentioned it on FishProfiles.com , but not many takers there. So, at this point it's looking like me and Ksand for this meeting. Still waiting to see if anyone has a place to suggest so that it is easier for them. Hope you all have a great holiday and I will talk to you all on Monday.
-Nick
Old 12-22-2004, 06:47 PM   #35
aquaverde
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

This email address pops up if you press the contact link at the bottom of the About page:

info@hvreef.org

Might be worth a try.
Old 12-24-2004, 06:56 PM   #36
Zensurgeon
Algae Grower

I'll go. I am in Newburgh.

My Email is zensurgeon@hvc.rr.com
Zensurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 08:32 PM   #37
littleslicknick
Algae Grower

All right... now we are getting somewhere. We are up to 3 people and I will be e-mailing the Reef club soon. I figure that if we are meeting about fish, we should try to meet at a fish store. I know Eddies Aquarium has a room upstairs that they use for presentations. I will try to stop in there this week and see if we can maybe use it. I will keep you all updated. Hope you had a good holiday.
-Nick
Old 12-28-2004, 08:54 PM   #38
ksand
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleslicknick
...We are up to 3 people...
Four, right? Zen, you, me, James from Saugerties? Will need directions to Eddie's. Zensurgeon and I live close, but I'd rather take my own car so I can leave if I have to (some health issues). Zen, you cool with that??
Old 12-29-2004, 11:47 AM   #39
Zensurgeon
Algae Grower

Sure thats no problem. I need directions too. I live off 9w, not far from 84 and the NYS Thruway.

Should we all bring something?
Old 12-30-2004, 03:51 PM   #40
littleslicknick
Algae Grower

Numbers, who needs them right? 3, 4... I get confused. Well then... we are up to 4. Excellent. I am going to Eddies tonight.... god willing. I have fish demands that must be satisified. I have a tetra school that needs building blast it !! So, while there I will speak to them. I will let you all know the deal as soon as I can. And as far as bringing something, I am down for bringing stuff to swap/share. I will admit right now, I am fairly new at this planting stuff so I dont have to many plants. I do have an albino Oscar and a small Red Devil I want to get rid of. So, If anyone wants those guys, they are all yours. And I could really use a foreground plant.... any one if some one has extra they wouldn't mind selling/trading me. Let me know what you all think.
-Nick
Old 12-30-2004, 05:55 PM   #41
ksand
Planted Member

If I have some algae-free plant cuttings to share, I will bring them. I can't take on any new fish at the moment.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:41 PM   #42
aquaverde
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

I'd like to be in on the meeting, but I won't be able to make it at 1:00. That's about the time I get out of church and it's an hour to Albany, maybe a skosh more depending on where exactly in Albany.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:57 PM   #43
littleslicknick
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaverde
I'd like to be in on the meeting, but I won't be able to make it at 1:00. That's about the time I get out of church and it's an hour to Albany, maybe a skosh more depending on where exactly in Albany.
I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I am sorry to hear you can't make it this time. I think we are going to schedual a meeting for next month as well. Is 2 o'clock on a Sunday better for you? If so, we can make that the time for the next one. Let me know if you get a chance. And in the mean time, I will see if we can change tis one to 2 o'clock as well. I will run it by the others. Oh.... and if you have an e-mail address, can you send it to me? Mine is littleslicknick@hotmail.com
-Nick
Old 01-06-2005, 08:00 PM   #44
Zensurgeon
Algae Grower

2:00 would be fine with me.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #45
littleslicknick
Algae Grower

The first ever meeting is going to be on 1/16/05 at 2 o'clock at Eddies Aquarium. The address is 1254 New Loudon Road Cohoes, NY 12047. And the phone number: (518)-783-3474. I hope this helps. I look forward to seeing everyone there.
-Nick