need help with idea on new fish to get for 20 gallon tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Hawaii

Old 04-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
Zaku808
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

need help with idea on new fish to get for 20 gallon tanks

I've been trying to set up a new planted 20G tank for myself with some Hardy fish that are calm but something a little unusual/ different because right now my system crashed after the last island wide power outage and so far my half moon betta and 2 checkered barbs are still alive, so I need ideas for 4new groups of fish(2-4)

The other 20G I am currently working on is for my grandfather. My grandfather and i both share a love for dojo eels So right now I am looking for either import or nice local fish. maybe 6 medium mid-level fish and 2 fish were their max size is perfect for a 20 gallon

Thanks
Zaku808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 05:04 AM   #2
daboss808
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku808 View Post
I've been trying to set up a new planted 20G tank for myself with some Hardy fish that are calm but something a little unusual/ different because right now my system crashed after the last island wide power outage and so far my half moon betta and 2 checkered barbs are still alive, so I need ideas for 4new groups of fish(2-4)

The other 20G I am currently working on is for my grandfather. My grandfather and i both share a love for dojo eels So right now I am looking for either import or nice local fish. maybe 6 medium mid-level fish and 2 fish were their max size is perfect for a 20 gallon

Thanks
Well dojo tend to up lift plants and like to hide in substrate. If I was you I would reconsider dojo as a community fish for a planted tank go with corys.
daboss808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
Zaku808
Algae Grower

Yeah with the dojo I know they dig up just about everything but I was kinda thinking of finding driftwood that would sit high and have maybe 1 - 1.5inches of clearance and just coating the top with java moss and different types of Anubis along with something to add a little more color
Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 AM   #4
daboss808
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Dojo I can get locally but these are the standard ones not golden. I like the spotted ones much better. I would go with danios, tetras, barbs, or even forktails or peacock gobies.
daboss808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
Zaku808
Algae Grower

so far i have 2 different list for that dojo tank
1. dojo eels, checkered barbs, bronze corys, and marbled hatchet
2. " , african butterflyfish, so e kind of mid level fish with bright colors

Tags
hawaii, oahu