Product Reviews is being retired and moved.
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > The Planted Tank Information > Important Update/Announcements

Old 03-03-2010, 04:09 AM   #1
KyleT
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (5/100%)

Product Reviews is being retired and moved.

Hey Guys,

Product Reviews has never really taken hold like I would have wanted it to. This is partially my fault. It was ugly and hard to use.

I made the decision to take it out of the PlantedTank.net and migrate it to its own website. I am doing this with the hopes of attracting a wider range of aquatic enthusiasts and also keeping it from being hidden in the forum amongst all our other great features!

The link will remain in the header bar, but you'll notice that visiting a product will now redirect you to the new site.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

http://www.aquareview.net

Regards,
Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 06:14 AM   #2
mistergreen
No more Bow ties

PTrader: (13/100%)

nice. It's a good decision to move it to where it's easy to access.
mistergreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
tyler79durdan
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

How does one submit product suggestions? Is this an expanding database? or definitive? i.e. Odyssea lighting systems, or various controllers/probes, or other regulators, on and on.
75 gallon "Piranha Kingdom"- wet/dry, FX5, CO2, pH controller, T5HO 4x54, ferts, SunSun Pimp Club Lucky #11, Fluval Pimp Club #17
tyler79durdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #4
KyleT
Planted Tank VIP

Currently it simply contains all items that were in the pre-existing database. As we move forward my goal is for it to be much more agile and dynamic both accepting input from members as well patrolling popular aquatic stores for new products.

What would really help me out now is if people could write a review for any products they have used, both good and bad.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
JennaH
Planted Tank Enthusiast

submitted one for the c-360
JennaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
FSM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

if I post a review, it replaces the space between the period of the previous sentence and the first word of the next with nn

ie
It is annoying.nnIs this my fault or the sites?

edit: I changed the default font for my browser and it fixed it.

edit: nevermind, it still does it sometimes.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #7
KyleT
Planted Tank VIP

Thanks FSM. That should be fixed now.

I decided to give the site a new look too. Alot has been changed.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #8
bcdudley
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

I am not real sure about this, but you may want to check on the legalities of posting negative reviews or allowing members to post negative reviews. It is probably not a big deal, but I would hate to see anyone get in trouble or the site get caught up in some ridiculous lawsuit.
bcdudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:22 AM   #9
MrPlatypus
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcdudley View Post
I am not real sure about this, but you may want to check on the legalities of posting negative reviews or allowing members to post negative reviews. It is probably not a big deal, but I would hate to see anyone get in trouble or the site get caught up in some ridiculous lawsuit.
This one is pretty easy to get around, and all it usually takes is a really well written Terms of Service. I know this from experience in the e-tail industry, and a carefully worded and well thought out Terms of Service can keep a site/business out of really hot water. Even though people can threaten to sue up one end and right back down the other, if you point out that you, as a site admin, are not liable due to the fact that they agreed you would not be held liable in the case of disputes, most people who are puffed up tend to deflate when they realize there is nothing they can do against the site.

Seriously, I had someone who worked for the Justice Department threaten to sue my former company for a piece of information their mother agreed would be kept on file, and when I showed her where in the TOS she had no grounds to sue, her attitude switched from aggressive to apologetic. Phrase it well, cover all bases, and unless there is straight up slander or defamation of character involved, the admin is pretty safe from legal harm.

PM me if you'd like further details KyleT, be more than happy to share what I know of the subject.
MrPlatypus is offline   Reply With Quote