Any Scape Club in las vegas?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Nevada

Old 02-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
HEINEKEN357
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)

Any Scape Club in las vegas?

I been trying to find guys around las vegas that has planted tank. Would be nice if there was a Scape club or something around here if you heard of any please let use know.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
F22
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

do you guys have alot of pet stores in vegas?
F22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
HEINEKEN357
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)

We got a bunch but really never seen any planted tanks in the stores. A lot of the stores have plants but they look like crap.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
toddg
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via ICQ to toddg

I'd agree. I've now been to every LFS along with most of the PetCo's / Petsmart's in town over the last month and just not many plants to be found locally.

Finalizing my online order for the 55g setup and trying to get as much at once so I can save on shipping costs.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
toddg
Algae Grower

Send a message via ICQ to toddg

Forgot to answer your original question: I didn't find anything searching for planted tank clubs and such in the area. Looks like there's a reef group, but didn't find others.

I'm just getting started, but will be more than willing to swap or give out extra plants locally when I get stuff growing. Since I really am not sure what I'm doing for a finalized scape I'm sure I'll end up with extra plants as I progress.

Todd
Old 03-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #6
danielle29

Default Aquarium Plants in Las Vegas

I am getting ready to start a planted aquarium and the only store with the most decent selection is PetSmart. To help fellow Las Vegas fish friends these are the few stores I have been to.

Green Valley Aquariums (Henderson) (Now has a generic name like Tropical Fish..so when you drive there dont be looking for the Green valley sign)I guess was a great store that closed and now it has reopened. I went there yesterday and they were still building it up. Mostly saltwater..some freshwater. Looks likes its going to be a quality place. No plants yet.

Atlantis Tropical Fish and Aquarium
This place has a great selection of fresh and saltwater fish..all look well taken care of. They only have a tank looked to be a 10 gallon that holds their entire aquatic plants stock which all seemed to be mediocre. I asked questions about aquatic plants and they admitted they have never worked with them and it wasn't their strong subject.

Also if you are looking for a deal on tank and stand combos.. Petco is running some good deals. Thought I'd throw that our there. Hopefully I will be taking advantage.

Most likely i will have to order aquatic plants online. I was hope to find someone will to give some away. Looking for Dwarf Baby Tears in particular..maybe some dwarf swordtail or whatever its called looks like fine green grass. Any suggestions on where i can buy some? or better yet Aquatic Plant seeds..I would like to grow my own.

Someone's help would be greatly appreciated!

-D
danielle29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
johnnygstacks
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEINEKEN357 View Post
I been trying to find guys around las vegas that has planted tank. Would be nice if there was a Scape club or something around here if you heard of any please let use know.
Im interested!
johnnygstacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #8
johnnygstacks
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle29 View Post
I am getting ready to start a planted aquarium and the only store with the most decent selection is PetSmart. To help fellow Las Vegas fish friends these are the few stores I have been to.

Green Valley Aquariums (Henderson) (Now has a generic name like Tropical Fish..so when you drive there dont be looking for the Green valley sign)I guess was a great store that closed and now it has reopened. I went there yesterday and they were still building it up. Mostly saltwater..some freshwater. Looks likes its going to be a quality place. No plants yet.

Atlantis Tropical Fish and Aquarium
This place has a great selection of fresh and saltwater fish..all look well taken care of. They only have a tank looked to be a 10 gallon that holds their entire aquatic plants stock which all seemed to be mediocre. I asked questions about aquatic plants and they admitted they have never worked with them and it wasn't their strong subject.

Also if you are looking for a deal on tank and stand combos.. Petco is running some good deals. Thought I'd throw that our there. Hopefully I will be taking advantage.

Most likely i will have to order aquatic plants online. I was hope to find someone will to give some away. Looking for Dwarf Baby Tears in particular..maybe some dwarf swordtail or whatever its called looks like fine green grass. Any suggestions on where i can buy some? or better yet Aquatic Plant seeds..I would like to grow my own.

Someone's help would be greatly appreciated!

-D
We have 5 or 6 good fish stores here in vegas but sadly not one has a decent planted tank, I'd say trop aquarium has the best plants they seem to get a new shipment about every month however they do sell alot of false aquatics so beware, purple waffle and aluminum plant are a few
johnnygstacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:26 AM   #9
Ekaterina
Algae Grower

Hi guys!
Petsmart on Rainbow and Lake Mead has a nice selection; they have new plants coming every Friday.
Club sounds like fun!
Ekaterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:46 AM   #10
TeteRouge
Algae Grower

LOL, now if we could all get together
10g 3x divided Betta planted

Dana

LasVegas.Freshwater.Aquarists
TeteRouge is offline   Reply With Quote