Deltona LFS plant sale
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Florida

Old 01-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
EdwardN
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (25/96%)
Smile

Deltona LFS plant sale

A local fish store in Deltona, Fl, located at the corner of Courtland Blvd. and Ft.Smith will have an aquarium plants sale this Saturday and Sunday, Jan.23 and 24, from Noon to 5 PM.

Anybody mentioning this anouncement will get $2 worth of plants.

When arrived, please form a line in order to avoid unnecessary accidents due to overcrowding!!!!

This also will be an occasion to get to know fellow aquarists and possibly form a local aquatic plant & fish club!!!!
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
default user
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Unfortunately they are no longer there. I wish I had join this place sooner to see this. I was going to go back there a couple of weeks ago, but when I got there they had closed up shop.

Know of any other good LFS around Deltona?
default user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #3
EdwardN
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by default user View Post
Unfortunately they are no longer there. I wish I had join this place sooner to see this. I was going to go back there a couple of weeks ago, but when I got there they had closed up shop.

Know of any other good LFS around Deltona?
They moved to the former WinnDixie Plaza on Doyle Rd. just past the gas station on the corner of Courtland.

This is the only privately owned LFS around here. I live fairly close - mine is the whole southern side of Jenkins Pond. Any fellow hobbyist is welcome...
Old 07-20-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
default user
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardN View Post
They moved to the former WinnDixie Plaza on Doyle Rd. just past the gas station on the corner of Courtland.

This is the only privately owned LFS around here. I live fairly close - mine is the whole southern side of Jenkins Pond. Any fellow hobbyist is welcome...
I say an add in one of those coupon books and it said we moved to doyle rd. I was wondering if that was them.

Theres two in DeLand but one doesn't really have anything for fish and the other one is a little better but nothing special.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
EdwardN
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Are you looking for plants?

If so, PM me with your phone #
Old 07-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
mattycakesclark
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

Is that store good? We have a pet shop in downtown DeLand that was nice for a bit, now it is an algae farm. Then there is Pet Shop in the Winn-Dixie right off 472 on 17-92, but again, not the best.
mattycakesclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
EdwardN
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattycakesclark View Post
Is that store good? We have a pet shop in downtown DeLand that was nice for a bit, now it is an algae farm. Then there is Pet Shop in the Winn-Dixie right off 472 on 17-92, but again, not the best.

Not really...

If you, or other fellows around here are looking for some fish and/or plants, I have a possibility of ordering them at +/- wholesale prices. The only problem is that the minimum order has to be $100.

The wholesale list contains many fish which never seem to reach local stores.

Right now I need a dozen of Amano Shrimp, so I could use partners...
Old 07-31-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
default user
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattycakesclark View Post
Yeah that one near Winn-Dixie has never really been that great. That and their prices seem high compared to other people.

Quote:
Not really...

If you, or other fellows around here are looking for some fish and/or plants, I have a possibility of ordering them at +/- wholesale prices. The only problem is that the minimum order has to be $100.

The wholesale list contains many fish which never seem to reach local stores.

Right now I need a dozen of Amano Shrimp, so I could use partners...
Do you have a list or anything of what you can possibly order. That we can look at or something?
Old 08-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #9
EdwardN
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The situation is as follows: the day of placing order is Wednsday. Delivery to the store is the following day afternoon. Yes, I have a list - it updated on Wednsday morning, so whatever one is interested in, it is that very day that decision can be made.

At this point I'm interested in ordering for myself for about $30-40 of fish, so I'm far from $100 minimum.

If you are interested, please PM your phone #, so we can talk about details. I live South fom Doyle Rd. in Deltona. You would have o drop in to see me because I have availability list on my computer.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
mattycakesclark
Planted Tank Obsessed

I went to that pet store at the old Winn-Dixie plaza, like you said locally owned by a family. Their fish selection seemed to hit the basics in freshwater, saltwater I have no idea what I am looking at. A few floating roots of plants, no plants as far as I see. I feel bad for places like this which have so much money invested in a family business and it feels like nothing moves off the shelves.
On a side note, the LFS in Daytona on ISB just east of the U-Pull-It is a cichlids paradise, although he has a small section for community fish.
Are you still up for this?
I would love to get some inverts and some smaller fish.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #11
EdwardN
Planted Tank Enthusiast

You are right... And I don't visit that store anymore. In this economy as we have it, the rest of LFSes will go into oblivion.

From time to time I order 'stuff' through another store when I run out of blackworms (got them last week, the whole lb...), but things seem to be not what it used to, as far as survival of fishes on the wholesale level, so I'm waiting only for the awailability of freshwater gobies from Stiphodon sp. mainly, and will devote my space and time only to this kind of fish.

What about attempting to form some local fish club or something along this lines?
Old 11-08-2010, 01:19 AM   #12
buckeye1031

PTrader: (0/0%)

I just put together my first planted 42g and would love to put together a fish club. Plan on doing a 20g for myself and a 10g for my younger sisters house for christmas. Would be nice to, at very least, have a few people to pool together orders to get what we need wholesale. Not to mention, im sure I could pick your brains. I'm in Orange City at the moment but my mother lives off of Courtland so I am always over there.
buckeye1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #13
mattycakesclark
Planted Tank Obsessed

I am up for it, I saw your post in the General forum, starting a first planted tank is a big learning experiance.
I live in DeLand at the moment, but hope to get a home back in Deltona soon. If you are interested in meeting up sometime, PM me.

I have a 20 gallon high, and a ton of extra spare equipment, maybe I have something you can use.

And welcome to TPT!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #14
EdwardN
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1031 View Post
I just put together my first planted 42g and would love to put together a fish club. Plan on doing a 20g for myself and a 10g for my younger sisters house for christmas. Would be nice to, at very least, have a few people to pool together orders to get what we need wholesale. Not to mention, im sure I could pick your brains. I'm in Orange City at the moment but my mother lives off of Courtland so I am always over there.
Courtland is a two miles away from where I live. I would be happy to join any club, or meet fellow aquarists regardless of age.

The store next to Winn Dixie was sold and the new owner promptly liquidated it... There is another store on Doyle Rd. ( before getting to Saxon), but saltwater only and in that - mostly corrals, etc. I have a good relation with the owner, but he is also going out of business as soon as next week. We could meet at this store this week to get acquainted if anybody would be interested. PM me and with your phone # if you will, or you can get my phone # the same way.

I have a lot of plants ...

'
Old 11-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #15
mattycakesclark
Planted Tank Obsessed

I meet with Edward last week, he has a very nice tank, with plenty of happy fish.
I would love if we could get more people together once and a while.

I have some spare equipment if someone needs, nothing special, a few heaters, and HOB filters, some loose items if anyone is interested. Looking to move soon, and these came with the tanks I bought of CL and I do not need them