Ryan's ADA 10g (minibow shrimp tank pics)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 01-17-2010, 04:46 AM   #1
ryan_p
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Ryan's ADA 10g (minibow shrimp tank pics)

Finally after 6 months in the garage I am finally going to set up my first ADA tank.

Currently at water cycling/clearing phase. I will post updates soon.

Last edited by ryan_p; 05-15-2010 at 05:41 AM..
ryan_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #2
seds
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your 20 high was exquisite!

I have a feeling this one could be just as great... or BETTER!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:46 AM   #3
ryan_p
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seds View Post
Your 20 high was exquisite!

I have a feeling this one could be just as great... or BETTER!
Thank you Seds. Well see how this one will go, it will be a bit harder because everything will be smaller now, but i want the tank to look bigger by having smaller plants and smaller pets. I got hemianthus callitrichoides ready, the HM and some rotala from my other tank. I am planning adding shrimps, school of cardinals and probably some CPD's or boraras brigattae in this tank.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:22 AM   #4
ryan_p
Planted Member

Hmm deciding on how to deal with HC. It was submerged when i got it from LFS, should i do it emersed or submerged... decision decision.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #5
sliver
Algae Grower

Send a message via Yahoo to sliver Send a message via Skype™ to sliver

hi there. your 20g tank is an inspiration to me. -I got the same tank size and first time in a planted tank- (I forgot to post on that thread, so jealous), I can't wait to see this upcoming project of yours.

subscribed. no doubt.
sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
chaosmaximus
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Nice tank.

Good luck.

Chaos
Old 01-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
ryan_p
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver View Post
hi there. your 20g tank is an inspiration to me. -I got the same tank size and first time in a planted tank- (I forgot to post on that thread, so jealous), I can't wait to see this upcoming project of yours.

subscribed. no doubt.
Hi there sliver, i am so glad someone is inspired by my very first planted tank . The tank really went through so many changes and i learn so much from it and i hope this new one will be good if not better than the first one. So your from the Philippines eh, do you speak tagalog?

OTOH, here's the HC, its been in my old tank for about 5 days now and already growing in the pot.

And here it is today (just planted)

Thank you Chaosmaximus for your help and advice. Ill keep it moist and humid until it is ready. I will post sketch of my plans for this tank later.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:45 AM   #8
sliver
Algae Grower

@ ryan_p: yes I do speak tagalog, though my native tongue is cebuano. and about the HC pic, I'm so jealous -again-. HC is so uncommon, if not rare in our place.

can't wait for this project really.

Last edited by sliver; 01-24-2010 at 02:48 AM..
Old 01-24-2010, 03:48 AM   #9
ryan_p
Planted Member

Quote:
@ ryan_p: yes I do speak tagalog, though my native tongue is cebuano. and about the HC pic, I'm so jealous -again-. HC is so uncommon, if not rare in our place.

can't wait for this project really.
Cool we speak the same language, although i dont know much about cebuano language meron akong friend who thought me some words. Kumusta man ka?

I am excited for this project too but i gotta be patient for about 4-5 weeks till its ready. For now ill look around for aquascaping ideas.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:25 AM   #10
sliver
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_p View Post
Cool we speak the same language, although i dont know much about cebuano language meron akong friend who thought me some words. Kumusta man ka?

I am excited for this project too but i gotta be patient for about 4-5 weeks till its ready. For now ill look around for aquascaping ideas.
So you're a filipino too? as of your question, Ok lang po ako!

As I was looking at your tank pic, it's obviously not available in the Philippines, how much more in our place? :-( I really love the tank.

p.s. cebuano is a local dialect in Cebu. Bisaya in some part of the country.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:40 AM   #11
ryan_p
Planted Member

Quote:
So you're a filipino too? as of your question, Ok lang po ako!

As I was looking at your tank pic, it's obviously not available in the Philippines, how much more in our place? :-( I really love the tank.

p.s. cebuano is a local dialect in Cebu. Bisaya in some part of the country.
Yes I am . thanks for clearing it up for me. sorry about mixing cebuano and bisaya, i always thought is the same because cebu is in visayan region and bisaya is common dialect around visayan region. I really don't know much regarding other filipino dialects. I just know tagalog coz that is what my parents thought me and none of them know any other dialects. As of the plant, HC isnt available there? talaga? The plant should do well in there coz of the humid climate. I guess its very difficult to ship there in Asia because this plant is originated here in the other side of the world (Cuba to be specific from what i read somewhere).
Old 01-24-2010, 06:44 AM   #12
sliver
Algae Grower

you're correct, bisaya and cebuano are the same. but cebuano is for cebu, and bisaya are for those other cebuano speaking cities like ours - davao.

back on topic, aquatic plants are uncommon in our place. well, not in the capital of manila, but ordering is a pain. freight charges are expensive than the plant itselves! :-(

there's an aquatic plant farm in the capital, selling almost any existent aquatic plants, but as I mentioned above, the freight makes me just stare on those pictures at this site: http://www.mypalhs.com/forums//showthread.php?t=81956
Old 01-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #13
problemman
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (43/100%)

your complaining bout price??? how the amount of leaves you get on anubias is amazing for what we get over here! be lucky and just order! lol
problemman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #14
ryan_p
Planted Member

Wow those plants looks really nice, the anubias looks really healthy and green and nice selection too. Yea lots of stuff should be available at the capital especially in Manila, you just have to look harder at your place. I agree with problemman the stuff we got here is nothing compare to those in pics, and cost around $4 and up at LFS depending on demand and rarity of the plant. If you really like the plant, and if you can just save cash and get some, growing it shouldnt be that hard humid climate and sunlight should grow those plants easily. And once you grow lots of these plants start putting some on your tank and sell the rest at your area :P, it should be a good business for you, especially in your area where these plants cant be found .

Last edited by ryan_p; 01-25-2010 at 02:34 AM..
ryan_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:27 AM   #15
sliver
Algae Grower

well, my wife do the budgeting..so I'll consult her about ordering plants. (lots of stuff going on financially, life's hard here hehehe!)

and yes, those anubias are very healthy looking. I'm drooling myself staring at those pics...