The Planted Tank Forum banner

Low/Med/High? Clarification needed

668 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MarkM 
#1 ·
My tank holds 180l of water and until today I thought that meant I had a 50g. It turns out I have a 47.5 and change G

I have 2x35w bulbs. One is 9000k the other is 4100k. Where does that land me in terms of lighting? Both tubs are T5HO. And the goal is to carpet HC and BMS so in relation to light and light alone where do I stand?

#2 ·
Lights

I have a 50G tank and a dual T5HO light fixture. My fixture takes 48" bulbs which are 54 watts each. After reading a ton of information about various types of lights and different methods to determine output I settled on the explanation at http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184368 The Par value is effected more by the distance from the light to the plant, or substrate than it is by the volume or number of gallons. I use just one of my bulbs which translates to low to medium levels as interpolated from the Par chart using 18" as a distance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.