The Planted Tank Forum banner

suggest a plant

836 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Ebichua 
#1 ·
I am going to change my 6''x 12" piece of slat that I have covered in Christmas moss. I want something that is neat without having to prune a lot. Am I asking to much? The new screen piece will go higher up the wall. The Discus love to swim behind it. Have any suggestion on what I could use? Idea's will help me look the plant up. New to this. Oh I am changing out my light to 96w 6700k

See less See more
#3 ·
I am looking for something to put on the screen instead of the christmas moss.
Now that I have more light maybe a sword. Will Excel burn it?

Are you asking for a new centerpiece plant? Or a new plant to attach to the screen you're putting up?

If you're asking for a new centerpiece plant, Id recommend a sword. Go for one of the more exotic varieties, or even the old standard. When I think discus, I always think of amazon swords.

#5 ·
I like Suesswassertang. I did not know it grew in a ball shape. When Spypet sent me some it must have been trimmings. I bruised it when I went to tie it down. Wasserpest just sent me a ball of the stuff. I guess I could try to get more and spread it out on a grid. I did love Spypet's ropes with it.
I was also looking at Fissiden's. I have one kind but it can get shaggy also. I will have to read up on Fissiden's
I thought maybe HC but I think it needs a soil base. I would really have to think of a way to do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.