The Planted Tank Forum banner

best place to get plants?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  gotcheaprice 
#1 ·
I'm wondering where's the best store/place to get plants in Hawaii cause I don't really want to ship them here. I can't go to HAS meetings(i might be able to go once every couple months) because of school and work timing. I'm just looking for a wide variety that I can browse through. The only place I notice that really stocks plants is kalihi pets, but they don't really have too much(at least last time i went). I'm looking for stores maybe around Honolulu, not too far. thanks

#2 ·
Kalihi pets is your best pet shop. Just visit them every couple of weeks. They had some good stuff this past weekend.

Besides that, just contact people on the forums and get them shipped. This is probably the best way to get plants in hawaii.

#6 ·
Sorry that the forum is slow here. I do check it once a day but no one seems interested in posting.
I know Hawaii carries Fluvals, Marineland. I have yet to see Eheims and Rena cannister filters. It really depends what you wanna do to those ugly intake and output pipes. There are those cool ADA pipes that you could purchase but ask around if anybody modified there's to fit ADA pipes. They do require specific piping. Good luck. Hope this helps.

#7 ·
Yeah, I've seen those only too. I'm actually looking for the rena cause they're supposed to be almost as good as eheim, just half as much. I don't really care about the intake and output pipes as I'm trying a dutch styled tank, so I could hide it. Also need the spraybar for good circulation right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.