The Planted Tank Forum banner

Evolve 8 mods

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  loriinpd 
#1 ·
Simpe Evolve 8 Mods.

For those of you who are averse to power tools to drill the bottom of the Evolve 8 filter box:

If you are going to go with a tank like this, consider an Evolve 8. It does not take a lot to modify the Evolve 8 filter and pump.

This filter mod is so easy, it is amazing

Pump mod

The evolve 8 looks like the perfect nano tank, except the tank area is only about 6 gallons. The filter area was poorly designed.

#2 ·
I will have to check those out further when I get home, can't listen to any audio at work right now.

I disagree about the Evolves having a poor filter/pump design. It was designed and works as designed properly. But there are those of us that want to make it even better or have different needs. The design was made to make an all in one system for the average Joe looking for a complete nano system.

My Evolve 4 currently is home to a male betta, and for $5 I was able to modify the pump to allow easy and more flow control. And the ability to modify/employ different filtration media is nearly endless.

I plan today to hopefully replace the filter cartridge with basically what would be put in an Aquaclear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.