The Planted Tank Forum banner

Aqua Ultraviolet UV

601 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mfskarphedin 
#1 ·
I have a Aqua Ultraviolet 8w UV fixture with a wiper, it needs a new light bulb and transformer. I wanted to know if the 15w light bulb and transformer would work as both the fixture housing appear to be identical with the exception of these two items.

#2 ·
I see there wasn't any replies to this question and I'm guessing it's because this may not be a popular brand of UV, but I did get one pm and I did send the question to Aqua Ultraviolet.

The 8 watt and 15 watt units are identical in every way with the exception of the bulb and transformer so yes this is an upgrade that can be easily made with no other modification.

Thanks Clang and welcome to the forum.

#3 ·
I registered here today in part because I'm looking for info on UV sterilizers. I was considering this very model, 8W, but it's very pricey for me.

If this isn't a "popular" brand, what are the popular brands? I've read Tetras are leaky, so forget that. Not doing the in-canister, because they won't sterilize, only clarify. Trying to resist trying out an "Odyssea" 36W for $60, because it's such an off-brand, I doubt the transformer or ballast will live past 6 months.

...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.