blizzarddddddd
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Rhode Island

Old 02-10-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)

blizzarddddddd

Hoping everyone's staying safe and warm i know a lot of RI is with out power including my self for at the least until Monday. keep thos fishes alive everyone!
marioman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 02:30 AM   #2
ronnie6989
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

What are you doing about heating ur tank's? I also live in RI and did not have a back up plan.....Thank god I did not lose power.....I have 4 tanks and over 3 years of a strain of guppies going that are IGFA quality. Would not want to start over....

Ronnie
ronnie6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:03 AM   #3
KenP
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Sorry you are without power. When Sandy hit I lost power for three days. No generator but a friend lent me his. I know this my sound wrong but I powered up my tanks first then the refrigerator. I have my own generator now. Still fish first food/lights second. The family can put on sweaters and we can eat out but the fish are at our mercy.
KenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:04 AM   #4
driftwoodhunter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP View Post
Sorry you are without power. When Sandy hit I lost power for three days. No generator but a friend lent me his. I know this my sound wrong but I powered up my tanks first then the refrigerator. I have my own generator now. Still fish first food/lights second. The family can put on sweaters and we can eat out but the fish are at our mercy.
I agree, and would have done the same!
The Fraternity of Dirt # 7 - Daughter of the Dirt - Canon Club #018
Twin 29g Dirt Tanks on an Iron Stand - DIY 3D Backgrounds
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...stand-pic.html
The Behemoth - 125 dirt tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=199772
driftwoodhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:42 AM   #5
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie6989 View Post
What are you doing about heating ur tank's? I also live in RI and did not have a back up plan.....Thank god I did not lose power.....I have 4 tanks and over 3 years of a strain of guppies going that are IGFA quality. Would not want to start over....

Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodhunter View Post
I agree, and would have done the same!
i tried everything at my disposal and called around to see if anyone had thing i could use but nothing :/ i even tried usiing one of my old ac car power units that u can jump cars with but would not take a charge :/ sucks but going to have to wait it out for a a night and see what i can scrounge up at walmart tomorrow for whats left. probly have about 200$ or more worth of fish in my 3.....well now 2 tanks one tank exploded last night :::
Old 02-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
rhody9
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

ugh... We lost power and no generator (just got it back) my wife and I spent a lot of time siphoning and heating water on a camp stove for our three tanks. I had blankets over the two in the basement to try and keep the heat in. On saturday night when it got real cold I topped them off at about 2 am but alas in my 30 gal all 10 of my Harliquin Rasbos didn't make it to the morning. The air tem in the basement was 38 degreess... The other fish seem to be no worse for wear with the exception of one cory who is resting on his side, I hope he comes around when the water warms up. Very happy to put this storm behind us! Hope everyone did ok in the storm.
rhody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #7
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhody9 View Post
ugh... We lost power and no generator (just got it back) my wife and I spent a lot of time siphoning and heating water on a camp stove for our three tanks. I had blankets over the two in the basement to try and keep the heat in. On saturday night when it got real cold I topped them off at about 2 am but alas in my 30 gal all 10 of my Harliquin Rasbos didn't make it to the morning. The air tem in the basement was 38 degreess... The other fish seem to be no worse for wear with the exception of one cory who is resting on his side, I hope he comes around when the water warms up. Very happy to put this storm behind us! Hope everyone did ok in the storm.
yea lost all of my fish :/ probably around 70 fish, def a big hit
Old 02-14-2013, 01:27 AM   #8
In.a.Box
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Battery air pump is good to have on hand ^^
All it take is 1 air stone to keep your fish alive.

As for heat, pour hot water into the tank. Cover the top.
Lucky my fish was safe.
In.a.Box is offline   Reply With Quote