The Planted Tank Forum banner

~Green's Resurrection Aquarium Gallery~ 50g Updates 6/20/12 pg.4: Mountain Scape

11K views 64 replies 22 participants last post by  StraightAddicted 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Welcome to my Resurrection Aquarium Gallery. Some of you may know I have had 140g and 50g when I started this hobby last year (Summer). Almost a year has gone by, I have learned A LOT. I am talking A LOTTTTTTTT:smile:. The best lesson learned in the beginning of this year (2012), where every single tank that I have crumbling down. My 140g was ok, but I didn't get what I expect it to be. My 10g was dying slowly but surely because of algae issue. To top it all off, my 50g which I was somewhat proud of, were destroyed within hours because of CO2 issue (here is the thread: (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/g...n/174439-when-co2-strikes-killing-all-my.html).

Yup, that's right. I was very very very very close to quit this hobby. I basically didn't really care for a while. However, inside me will never quit. I know that "giving up" is not in my dictionary. I got knocked down, but I didn't get knocked out.

This is why I decided instead of quitting to have 0 tank, I would have actually dedicated a room just for aquarium/fish tanks only. This will be my Resurrection Aquarium Gallery. From 0 tank, this fills up to 6 tanks (140g, 2x 50g, 30g, 10g, 5g). :smile::smile: I know that I am still learning, but I can tell you this. IT WILL BE EPIC. Not to be cocky or overconfidence, but you will enjoy it as much as I do. Let's get started with the pictures of the room.

Here are some pictures as I am building the smaller tanks around my 140g (She's the big momo) :icon_smil

Here comes the soldiers :bounce::bounce::

Hahahahah, yeah I am happy, but they're not done yet. LOL. It was pretty painful to move 5 tanks around to get the best view and functions at the same time. However, I enjoyed it. So look out, I will be rescaping all these and Updates pictures at least tomorrow. Btw, I would start with 140g.:thumbsup::thumbsup: Get ready people. The RESURRECTION is on the way.

Comments, Opinions, Supports, Suggestions, etc are greatly appreciated. :angel:

PS: I will have all the tank journal at this thread only instead of 1 by 1.

See less See more
#51 ·
That last scape is it bro! That's the one!

Where are you getting your HC from? The mold could be coming in on that. You could also try propping the lid of the tank open a bit to allow some air flow. That might help and it will keep your humidity down a bit too.

#55 ·
I really like the rocks and slopes, it's going to look really nice.

BTW I just tried the DSM where you chop up a moss and then smear it on the wood/rock, I used Taiwan moss and chopped it well (the trick here is to add some water to thin the paste) then covered it tightly so it would stay moist, it did seem to stick and if I had not been distracted by other builds I think it would have worked good if I had started a tank like your where it will get filled in a week or 10 day then get the benifit of high light and CO2, but I only had it Pyrex bowl. It worked well enough that I'll try it again.

What do you think about my new hat?

#59 ·
Thanks for your comments on my thread. Wow your tanks are great! I'm thinking a mountain scape might be the way to go. At first I thought I'd like the jungle look but now I'm liking more cleaner scapes better. What kind of rock did you use for the 50 g mountain scape and where did you get it? I've tried Seriyu stones but they were too grey for my liking, I'd like a more brownish stone better but I haven't come across any here. Nice job!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.